Boston College High School, an independent Jesuit school for boys grades 7-12, combines outstanding academics with a process of formation and reflective spirituality.
Dedicated teachers, counselors, and coaches challenge our students to grow in knowledge and as individuals.
Students emerge as leaders and engage with opportunities that our campus community, urban location, and global network provide.
Our graduates have the confidence, competence, and compassion to succeed at top-ranked colleges and throughout their careers.
More importantly, they take with them a resilient moral and ethical foundation, humility, and lifelong relationships which unite our 15,000 living alumni.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Top Ranked MA School
- Grades: 7-12
- Enrollment: 1,539 students
- Yearly Tuition: $22,300
- Average class size: 21 students
- Application Deadline: Dec. 15 / Jan. 17
- Source: Verified school update
Boston College High School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Massachusetts for:
Summer School Offered
Summer Program Details
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 28%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
Number of AP Courses
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Dec. 15 / Jan. 17
Yearly Tuition Cost
Nearly $7 million in financial assistance offered to 49% of students in 2018-2019.
Charles Drane, EdD
Total Sports Offered
- From day one, every BC High student is challenged to pursue multiple academic and personal passions, and to use their knowledge of diverse subjects to inform the role they will play in the world. Our students know that to take full advantage of our interdisciplinary curriculum, they must commit themselves wholeheartedly to their work. Alongside dedicated teachers and determined classmates, students solve problems creatively, manage their time effectively, balance competing obligations, address contradictions, and shape ambitious goals for the future. BC High`s urban location and international focus play a pivotal role in our academic philosophy by linking classroom-based studies with real-world experiences that test students` resolve and expand their comfort zone. They become active participants in the City of Boston by engaging with service organizations, attending concerts and exhibitions, and performing summer internships with local organizations. Through the Hyde Center for Global Education, international immersion is offered within our network of Jesuit schools around the world. These programs instill cultural literacy, language fluency, and a global perspective that position students to succeed in an interconnected world. All BC High students graduate with a combination of academic knowledge and hands-on learning, inspiring them to lead and achieve at distinguished colleges, in their careers, and beyond.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Boston College High School cost?
Boston College High School's tuition is approximately $22,300 for private students.
Does Boston College High School offer a summer program?
Yes, Boston College High School offers a summer program. Visit their summer school page for more information.
What sports does Boston College High School offer?
Boston College High School offers 19 interscholastic sports: Baseball, Basketball, Crew, Cross Country, Diving, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Rugby, Sailing, Ski Jumping, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball and Winter Track. Boston College High School is ranked as one of the top 20% of private schools in Massachusetts for most sports offered.
What is Boston College High School's ranking?
Boston College High School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Massachusetts for: Largest student body, Most AP courses offered, Most sports offered and Oldest founding date.
When is the application deadline for Boston College High School?
The application deadline for Boston College High School is Dec. 15 / Jan. 17.
Endorse Boston College High School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Nearby Homes for Sale
Montessori Schools: An Overview
Are you curious about an educational approach that nurtures independent, creative, and lifelong learners? Look no further! We invite you to dive into the fascinating world of Montessori education and unlock its incredible potential for your children.
Securing Your School
With the rise of school shootings and other violent incidents, it is essential to have a comprehensive plan in place to protect everyone on your school campus.
Overview of State Voucher Programs in the United States
More than twelve states and the District of Columbia have education voucher programs. We describe the various programs and offer suggestions on how to use them so your child can attend private school.