Boston College High School
- Boston College High School, an independent Jesuit school for boys grades 7-12, combines outstanding academics with a process of formation and reflective spirituality.
- Dedicated teachers, counselors, and coaches challenge our students to grow in knowledge and as individuals.
- Students emerge as leaders and engage with opportunities that our campus community, urban location, and global network provide.
- Our graduates have the confidence, competence, and compassion to succeed at top-ranked colleges and throughout their careers.
- More importantly, they take with them a resilient moral and ethical foundation, humility, and lifelong relationships which unite our 15,000 living alumni.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Jesuit Secondary Education Association (JSEA)|
National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||1539 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||127 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||21 students|
|Number of AP Courses||25 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 15 / Jan. 17|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$22,300|
|Tuition Notes||Nearly $7 million in financial assistance offered to 49% of students in 2018-2019.|
|Admissions Director||Charles Drane, EdD|
|Endowment Size||$70 million|
|Total Sports Offered||19 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Crew, Cross Country, Diving, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Rugby, Sailing, Ski Jumping, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball, Winter TrackBaseball, Basketball,|
Crew, Cross Country,
Golf, Ice Hockey,
Sailing, Ski Jumping,
Tennis, Track and Field,
Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball,
- From day one, every BC High student is challenged to pursue multiple academic and personal passions, and to use their knowledge of diverse subjects to inform the role they will play in the world. Our students know that to take full advantage of our interdisciplinary curriculum, they must commit themselves wholeheartedly to their work. Alongside dedicated teachers and determined classmates, students solve problems creatively, manage their time effectively, balance competing obligations, address contradictions, and shape ambitious goals for the future. BC High`s urban location and international focus play a pivotal role in our academic philosophy by linking classroom-based studies with real-world experiences that test students` resolve and expand their comfort zone. They become active participants in the City of Boston by engaging with service organizations, attending concerts and exhibitions, and performing summer internships with local organizations. Through the Hyde Center for Global Education, international immersion is offered within our network of Jesuit schools around the world. These programs instill cultural literacy, language fluency, and a global perspective that position students to succeed in an interconnected world. All BC High students graduate with a combination of academic knowledge and hands-on learning, inspiring them to lead and achieve at distinguished colleges, in their careers, and beyond.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- West Roxbury Grades: 7-12 | 665 students
235 Baker St
West Roxbury, MA 02132
(617)469-8000 6.7 7-12
- West Roxbury Grades: 7-12 | 303 students
101 Saint Theresa Avenue
West Roxbury, MA 02132
(617)325-4920 6.3 7-12
- Braintree Grades: 6-12 | 676 students
745 Washington Street
Braintree, MA 02184
(781)664-2221 7.9 6-12
- Cambridge Grades: PK-12 | 1015 students
80 Gerry's Landing Rd
Cambridge, MA 02138
(617)547-6100 6 PK-12
- Dedham Grades: 7-12 | 590 students
10 Campus Drive
Dedham, MA 02026
(781)326-3700 8 7-12
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.
Here's a recap of the steps you need to follow to find the right school for your child. Work through the process in sequence from beginning to end.
Did you think that corporal punishment in our schools was extinct? Sadly, it isn't. Here are some facts and some suggestions as to what you can do to help eliminate corporal punishment once and for all.