Dedham Country Day School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (781) 329-0850
- Dedham Country Day School believes that balance matters - in learning and life.
- DCD combines academic challenge with support; pedagogical tradition with innovation.
- Strong scholastics combined with outstanding arts, athletics, and service-learning create a program that is balanced and whole. Children learn who they are as diverse individuals and how to be part of something bigger.
- At DCD, a premium is placed on both academic and emotional intelligence.
- For over 115 years, DCD has been welcoming young children, passionate teachers, and committed families to its pre-kindergarten through grade 8 learning community.
- Visit us on our 17-acre campus, just minutes from Route 128 in Dedham.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Association of Independent Schools in New England (AISNE)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||290 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||49 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(No jeans or sweatpants )
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 15 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$34,279|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition ranges from $25,850 for Pre-Kindergarten to $43,250 for middle school grades. Please visit our website for tuitions by grade.|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Emilie Liebhoff|
|Admissions Associate||Deb White|
|Endowment Size||$10 million|
|Total Sports Offered||11 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Flag Football, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Squash, TennisBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Field Hockey,
Flag Football, Ice Hockey,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
After School Drama, Private Music Program
- At DCD, we believe that balance matters-in learning and life. We combine academic challenge with support; pedagogical tradition with innovation. Strong scholastics combined with outstanding arts and athletics create a program that is balanced and whole. Here, a premium is placed on both academic and emotional intelligence. Children learn who they are as diverse individuals and how to be part of something bigger. Acceptance is a given, and children find encouragement in every connection they make. It`s a community that nurtures, nudges, and gives. That`s how we grow "whole" children-and, ultimately, adults who will thrive with the intellectual and emotional capacity to contribute to their world and enjoy meaningful lives. Visit us, and you`ll get a sense of how our students learn to think creatively and critically. You`ll see that from Pre-Kindergarten to Grade 8, kids are being kids-and being themselves. You`ll witness them tackling hands-on projects, collaborating, taking risks, solving problems-and, most of all, enjoying their experience. Explore DCD through our admissions events and a personal tour. Our 17-acre campus is just minutes from Route 128 in Dedham and offers children a wonderful space for outdoor learning, play, and athletic competition. Open House: October 27; Classroom Observations: October 11 and November 13. Please visit our website for admissions event details or email email@example.com with any questions.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Milton Grades: K-12 | 980 students
170 Centre Street
Milton, MA 02186
(617) 898-1798 6 K-12
Our children started at DCD in 2007 in grades 4, 2 and Pre-K. From our first visit as prospective parents, we felt the special sense of community and connectedness that is a hallmark of the school. Teachers and students alike were engaging, happy and completely immersed in the school day. While at DCD, my children developed into engaged learners, well-rounded athletes, skilled artists (we have a musician, an actress, and a visual artist), strong self-advocates, and confident young adults. They were incredibly well prepared for high school, and two have gone on to successful college experiences with the life skills that began at DCD.
- Posted by Parent - Joanie
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.