Dedham Country Day School
Dedham Country Day School believes that balance matters - in learning and life.
DCD combines academic challenge with support; pedagogical tradition with innovation.
Strong scholastics combined with outstanding arts, athletics, and service-learning create a program that is balanced and whole. Children learn who they are as diverse individuals and how to be part of something bigger.
At DCD, a premium is placed on both academic and emotional intelligence.
For over 115 years, DCD has been welcoming young children, passionate teachers, and committed families to its pre-kindergarten through grade 8 learning community.
Visit us on our 17-acre campus, just minutes from Route 128 in Dedham.
- Top Ranked MA School
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-8
- Enrollment: 290 students
- Yearly Tuition: $34,279
- Acceptance rate: 55%
- Average class size: 12 students
- Application Deadline: Jan. 15 / rolling
- Source: Verified school update
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 29%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
List of Courses Offered
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Jan. 15 / rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
Tuition ranges from $25,850 for Pre-Kindergarten to $43,250 for middle school grades. Please visit our website for tuitions by grade.
% on Financial Aid
National avg.: 85%
Total Sports Offered
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
Arts and Music Programs:
After School Drama, Private Music Program
After School Drama, Private Music Program
- At DCD, we believe that balance matters-in learning and life. We combine academic challenge with support; pedagogical tradition with innovation. Strong scholastics combined with outstanding arts and athletics create a program that is balanced and whole. Here, a premium is placed on both academic and emotional intelligence. Children learn who they are as diverse individuals and how to be part of something bigger. Acceptance is a given, and children find encouragement in every connection they make. It`s a community that nurtures, nudges, and gives. That`s how we grow "whole" children-and, ultimately, adults who will thrive with the intellectual and emotional capacity to contribute to their world and enjoy meaningful lives. Visit us, and you`ll get a sense of how our students learn to think creatively and critically. You`ll see that from Pre-Kindergarten to Grade 8, kids are being kids-and being themselves. You`ll witness them tackling hands-on projects, collaborating, taking risks, solving problems-and, most of all, enjoying their experience. Explore DCD through our admissions events and a personal tour. Our 17-acre campus is just minutes from Route 128 in Dedham and offers children a wonderful space for outdoor learning, play, and athletic competition. Open House: October 27; Classroom Observations: October 11 and November 13. Please visit our website for admissions event details or email email@example.com with any questions.
Source: Verified school update
Our children started at DCD in 2007 in grades 4, 2 and Pre-K. From our first visit as prospective parents, we felt the special sense of community and connectedness that is a hallmark of the school. Teachers and students alike were engaging, happy and completely immersed in the school day. While at DCD, my children developed into engaged learners, well-rounded athletes, skilled artists (we have a musician, an actress, and a visual artist), strong self-advocates, and confident young adults. They were incredibly well prepared for high school, and two have gone on to successful college experiences with the life skills that began at DCD.
Endorse Dedham Country Day School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Suicide Prevention: Caring For Our Young People
At last we have a dedicated phone number for suicide and crisis support. The Suicide and Crisis Lifeline is 988. More about it and suicide prevention here.
Seemingly never-ending school shootings prompted me to find out whether private schools were safer than public schools. Some answers and opinions on the matter here.
July 20, 2022School Security: It Could Never Happen Here Or Could It?
School shootings and other emergency situations won't happen in your school, right? Who knows! Better to put in place the steps necessary to protect the school community than to be caught unprepared.