Tenacre Country Day School
- Tenacre Country Day School enrolls 192 girls and boys in Pre-Kindergarten - Gr 6.
- Our well-rounded program focuses on basic skills, math, language arts, Spanish, social studies, science, music, art, computer, and physical education.
- Good citizenship and character development are also emphasized. Small classes, talented teachers, a challenging yet nurturing environment, a diverse population, and attention to the needs of each child prepare students for highly competitive secondary schools.
- An After School Program is open to all grades. Financial aid available based on need. "Tenacre nurtures and challenges each child, every day.".
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Association of Independent Schools in New England (AISNE)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||192 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||36 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(no jeans, athletic clothing, hats)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 31|
|Tuition Notes||2013 - 2014|
Varies by grade level: Need-based financial aid available.
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$19,300|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Ms. Sam Reece|
|Admissions Associate||Robin Khadduri|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Field Hockey, Soccer, SoftballBaseball, Basketball,|
Field Hockey, Soccer,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Book Club (For 4, 5, 6), Chess Club, Early Bird Club, Math League, Math Mania Chess Club, Math League, Math Mania, Book Club (For 4, 5, 6),|
Early Bird Club,
- • Transportation available from some Boston neighborhoods • A traditional curriculum enhanced by art, computer, library, music, physical education, Spanish and science, taught weekly by a dedicated faculty • After-School available until 6 pm• Tenacre's mission is to nurture and challenge each child, every day •
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- WestonGrades: K-8 | 313 students
10 Farm Rd
Weston, MA 02493
- West NewtonGrades: 3-12 | 200 students
1507 Washington St
West Newton, MA 02465
- FraminghamGrades: PK-6 | 46 students
360 Water Street
Framingham, MA 01705
- NeedhamGrades: 6-8 | 170 students
110 May St
Needham, MA 02492
- DorchesterGrades: 4-8 | 77 students
515 Blue Hill Ave
Dorchester, MA 02121
September 05, 2017
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
September 05, 2017
Never lose sight of why you are planning to send your child to private school. This list of ten considerations will help you focus on the things which matter.
September 04, 2017
Use this hub to keep track of the steps in the private schools' admission process.