Learning Prep School
5.00 (3 reviews)
Tel: (617) 965-0764
- Founded in 1970, Learning Prep School is a non-profit, independent day school approved by the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education and is a member of The Massachusetts Association of Chapter 766 Approved Private Schools. Facts At A Glance: Profile: Children with language processing and attendant learning challenges as their primary disability. Complex learning profiles of our students may include dyslexia, expressive/receptive language issues, autism spectrum disorder, anxiety, limited social pragmatics and executive functioning challenges.
- Enrollment: Approximately 150 Ages Served: 10-22 Class Size: Maximum ratio of 8:1
- Curriculum: Aligned with Massachusetts Frameworks/ Common Core School Year: 180 day school year, Monday- Friday 7:50 AM-2:20 PM
- Funding: Accept publicly and privately-funded families. The tuition rate is determined annually by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 5-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Language-based learning disabilities|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$3,400|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||162 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$55,726|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is determined annually by the Massachusetts Department of Education and the Operational Services Devision.|
|Admissions Director||Korina Martin|
|Admissions Associate||Debby Worcester|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, Ultimate FrisbeeBasketball, Soccer,|
- All application materials are submitted online through our Parent Portal, SchoolAdmin. The following must be received prior to determining your child`s appropriateness to the program: -Application -Student photo -Release of Information -Latest I.E.P.Neuropsychological Evaluation -Speech and Language Evaluation(If applicable) -The last 3-year evaluation from your school district(If applicable) -Achievement Assessment(If applicable) -Assistive Technology Evaluation(If applicable) -Occupational Therapy Evaluation
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Waltham Grades: 3-12 | 80 students
410 Totten Pond Road
Waltham, MA 02451
(781) 895-3200 3.7 3-12
- Newton Grades: 4-12 | 95 students
575 WASHINGTON STREET
Newton, MA 02458
(781) 641-5992 1.9 4-12
I used to be a student @ L.P.S. back in 1973. I graduated from L.P.S. in the eighties. I would not be doing as well as I am today if it wasn't for the school. The staff at the school was great. If you attend this school, you are lucky. The school has changed since I left, but the staff is still focused on each student. There are no other school quite like L.P.S. Thanks for all the wonderful memories and friendships over the years. Go Panthers!!!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Michelle G.
This school is awesome. The staff is wonderful. Made many friends. Thanks for all your support today and always.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Student
I have been at Learning Prep for 5 years now and honestly there is know other school that I think would accommodate my need.Also the small class sizes really helps with teachers helping you to achieve you IEP goals. I Totally recommend this school Please Please give it a try it is totally worth it.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Teddy G
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.