- Carroll School specializes in the education of children who have average to superior intelligence and have been diagnosed with a language-based learning disability and/or reading disorder. Children are grouped according to their language competency and grade.
- In all subjects, teachers use a multisensory approach to learning and place emphasis on improving reading, writing, and organizational skills.
- Carroll also integrates cognitive development programs into every grade.
- The use of technology in the curriculum provides innovative methods of learning in conjunction with a variety of educational software, web applications, and internet resources.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Association of Independent Schools in New England (AISNE)
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-9|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Language-Based Learning Disabilities|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||405 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||156 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||7 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$48,300|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Stacey Daniels|
|Admissions Associate||David Barkin|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Track and Field, WrestlingBasketball, Cross Country,|
Field Hockey, Ice Hockey,
Track and Field, Wrestling,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Fab Lab, Supervised Study
Arts and Music Programs:
Creative Dramatics, Performing Arts, Studio Art
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Athletic Team Competitions, Bounders, Recreational Games
- Please contact Carroll School Admission Office for detailed information about testing and records required for admission or go to http://www.carrollschool.org/admissions/.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hardwick Grades: 7-12 | 217 students
242 Old Petersham Rd
Hardwick, MA 01037
(419)477-6000 46.3 7-12
- Lexington Grades: PK-12 | 105 students
453 Concord Ave
Lexington, MA 02421
(781)862-7323 4.6 PK-12
Carroll is a magical place for dyslexic children. I have two children there. The school partners with parents. The school is caring. Teachers are dedicated, energetic, happy. Administration is responsive and involved. Parents are friendly and supportive of one another. I am truly blessed to be able to have my children attend. And last but not least - my children LOVE school. My children are HAPPY and SUCCEEDING. Carroll is everything a school should be! Lots of sports in middle school and everyone can participate and is welcome to participate. Great arts education as well.
- Posted by Parent - many (!) years as a parent
best school in the world for people with dyslexia.
- Posted by Parent - 123