Eagle Hill School educates students with learning (dis)abilities by providing an intimate and encouraging community that honors the individual, values learning diversity, and fosters personal and social growth.
Eagle Hill School believes that every student can learn, every person who interacts with a student is a teacher, learning differently demands teaching differently, and we must encourage students to learn about learning and to form their own beliefs in a search for intellectual autonomy.
Quick Stats (2023)
- School Type: Special Education School
- Grades: 8-12
- Enrollment: 215 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 28%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- Frank P. Cochrane ‘70 - President, Investment Timing Consultants, Inc.
- Gurdon (Stan )Wattles '75 - Former Formula 1, Indy Car and International Sports Cars Driver Founder of Metro Racing Systems and GSW Enterprises, LLC Current Board Member: National Center for Learning Disabilities
- Patrick Taylor McQuown '89 - Inventor, Entrepreneur and Co-founder and President, Proteus Director of Entrepreneurship, James Madison University Two-time Technology and Engineering Emmy Award winner MIT TR 100; granted 2004; MIT Technology Review Magazine's Top 100 people under 35
- Max Silver '06 - Entrepreneur and Founder, Vertical Groove Golf
Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Frequently Asked Questions
Who are famous alumni from Eagle Hill School?
Eagle Hill School famous alumni include: Frank P. Cochrane ‘70, Gurdon (Stan )Wattles '75, Patrick Taylor McQuown '89 and Max Silver '06.
When is the application deadline for Eagle Hill School?
The application deadline for Eagle Hill School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Eagle Hill School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Nearby Homes for Sale
Montessori Schools: An Overview
Are you curious about an educational approach that nurtures independent, creative, and lifelong learners? Look no further! We invite you to dive into the fascinating world of Montessori education and unlock its incredible potential for your children.
Securing Your School
With the rise of school shootings and other violent incidents, it is essential to have a comprehensive plan in place to protect everyone on your school campus.
Overview of State Voucher Programs in the United States
More than twelve states and the District of Columbia have education voucher programs. We describe the various programs and offer suggestions on how to use them so your child can attend private school.