Hillside School Photo #2 - Our campus sits on 150 acres of land with six dormitories, housing for the 60% of faculty and staff that live on campus and a working farm and greenhouse.
Hillside School Photo #4 - Hillside School has a 1:1 program with computers which allows students to store and share their labs, assignments and homework electronically with their peers or teachers.
Hillside School Photo #5 - Community Service is an integral part of our Leadership Class each boy takes for one trimester per year. Students volunteer locally at senior centers and nursing homes and Hillside holds multiple school-wide Community Service Days throughout the year.
Hillside School Photo #6 - Hillside School has 21 different activities/athletics during the year including soccer, basketball, golf, drama, eco-team, intramurals, adventure, lacrosse, track and field, cross country, tennis, wrestling, band and baseball. The New England Sports Center serves as our home ice for our hockey program.
Hillside School Photo #7 - Unique to our school is a working farm. In our Farm Immersion program, students spend one week a year at the farm applying classroom materials to their work in the garden and with our animals. Students may also participate in Eco-Team, a year round activity in which the boys learn about all aspects of farming and animal husbandry.
- Hillside seeks students who are looking for a structured, supportive, and challenging academic environment.
- Excellent programs for students with minor learning disabilities or ADD/ADHD. Hillside is situated on 150 acres in Marlborough, Massachusetts. Marlborough is located just 35 miles West of Boston.
- The Farm at Hillside is utilized by students on a daily basis. Students also participate in Farm Immersion twice a year and have the opportunity to work at the Farm every afternoon for their activity.
- Tutorials are available for students who need remediation and a foundation of skills in Language Arts, Math, Organization, Social Skills and Foundations of Language.
- Hillside offers English as a Second Language for international students and Business English for advanced English Language Learners.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
Association of Independent Schools in New England (AISNE)
|Grades Offered||Grades 5-9|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Language-based and Mild Learning Differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||156 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Dress shirt and tie, Khaki pants)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 31 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||7 day - $57,400 5 day - $50,800 Day - $32,800|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Sean Hayes|
|Admissions Associate||Jennifer Lagor|
|Total Sports Offered||14 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Rock Climbing, Sailing, Snowboarding, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, WrestlingAlpine Skiing, Baseball,|
Basketball, Cross Country,
Golf, Ice Hockey,
Lacrosse, Rock Climbing,
Track and Field, Wrestling,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||16 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Book Club, Cooking, Eco-Team, Green Cup Challenge, Rocketry, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Band, Drama, Glee Club, Guitar Club, Sketching
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Adventure, Flag-Football, Frisbee, Ping-Pong, Wiffleball/Dodgeball
- Hillside School provides a structured, supportive, and challenging academic environment for boys in grades 5-9. Boarding and day students enjoy a rich curriculum that includes a vibrant visual and performing arts program and competitive athletics. Our unique academic and leadership program, "Shades of Blue," builds character, while holding our students accountable to our core values. The Academic program is supplemented with small group tutorials offered in language arts, math, organization, and social skills for those students needing extra support. Our community is our hallmark; we welcome you to come see for yourself. Please visit www.hillsideschool.net for more, and to schedule a visit today.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hardwick Grades: 7-12 | 217 students
242 Old Petersham Rd
Hardwick, MA 01037
(419)477-6000 32 7-12
- Prides Crossing Grades: 9-12 | 310 students
429 Hale St
Prides Crossing, MA 01965
(978)236-3010 42.3 9-12
- Acton Grades: 6-12 | 62 students
380 Massachusetts Avenue
Acton, MA 01720
(978)266-1991 11.5 6-12
- Arlington Grades: 4-12 | 95 students
575 WASHINGTON STREET
Arlington, MA 02458
(781)641-5992 24 4-12
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.