Hillside School has a 1:1 program with computers which allows students to store and share their labs, assignments and homework electronically with their peers or teachers.
We offer many clubs for the boys to choose from throughout the year. Examples include cooking, drawing/sketching, football, glee, kickball/dodgeball, guitar, travel, ping-pong and a mystery club.
Community Service is an integral part of our Leadership Class each boy takes for one trimester per year. Students volunteer locally at senior centers and nursing homes and Hillside holds multiple school-wide Community Service Days throughout the year.
Hillside School has 21 different activities/athletics during the year including soccer, basketball, golf, drama, eco-team, intramurals, adventure, lacrosse, track and field, cross country, tennis, wrestling, band and baseball. The New England Sports Center serves as our home ice for our hockey program.
Unique to our school is a working farm. In our Farm Immersion program, students spend one week a year at the farm applying classroom materials to their work in the garden and with our animals. Students may also participate in Eco-Team, a year round activity in which the boys learn about all aspects of farming and animal husbandry.
- Hillside seeks students who are looking for a structured, supportive, and challenging academic environment.
- Excellent programs for students with minor learning disabilities or ADD/ADHD. Hillside is situated on 150 acres in Marlborough, Massachusetts.
- Marlborough is located just 35 miles West of Boston. The Farm at Hillside is utilized by students on a daily basis.
- Students also participate in Farm Immersion twice a year and have the opportunity to work at the Farm every afternoon for their activity.
- Tutorials are available for students who need remediation and a foundation of skills in Language Arts, Math, Organization, Social Skills and Foundations of Language.
- Hillside offers English as a Second Language for international students and Business English for advanced English Language Learners.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
Association of Independent Schools in New England (AISNE)
|Grades Offered||Grades 5-9|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Language-based and Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||140 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(Dress shirt and tie, Khaki pants)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 31 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||7 day - $54,400 5 day - $48,200 Day - $31,900|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Bill Newman|
|Admissions Associate||Sean Hayes|
|Total Sports Offered||14 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Rock Climbing, Sailing, Snowboarding, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, WrestlingAlpine Skiing, Baseball,
Basketball, Cross Country,
Golf, Ice Hockey,
Lacrosse, Rock Climbing,
Track and Field, Wrestling,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||17 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Adventure, Band, Book Club, Cooking, Drama, Eco-Team, Eco-Team, Flag-Football, Frisbee, Glee Club, Green Cup Challenge, Guitar Club, Ping-Pong, Rocketry, Sketching, Wiffleball/Dodgeball, Yearbook Adventure, Band, Book Club, Cooking, Drama, Eco-Team, Eco-Team, Flag-Football, Frisbee, Glee Club, Guitar Club, Ping-Pong, Rocketry, Sketching, Yearbook, Green Cup Challenge,
- Hillside School provides a structured, supportive, and challenging academic environment for boys in grades 5-9. Boarding and day students enjoy a rich curriculum that includes a vibrant visual and performing arts program and competitive athletics. Our unique academic and leadership program, "Shades of Blue," builds character, while holding our students accountable to our core values. The Academic program is supplemented with small group tutorials offered in language arts, math, organization, and social skills for those students needing extra support. Our community is our hallmark; we welcome you to come see for yourself. Please visit www.hillsideschool.net for more, and to schedule a visit today.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Prides CrossingGrades: 9-12 | 300 students
429 Hale St Box 227
Prides Crossing, MA 01965
HardwickGrades: 8-12 | 182 students
Po Box 116
Hardwick, MA 01037
LincolnGrades: 1-9 | 405 students
25 Baker Bridge Road
Lincoln, MA 01773
RandolphGrades: 2-12 | 72 students
800 N Main St
Randolph, MA 02368
FraminghamGrades: 1-9 | 45 students
1 Winch St
Framingham, MA 01701
May 26, 2017
When you apply for a position at a private school, you need to use a slightly different approach than you would use if you were applying for a sales job somewhere.
May 25, 2017
The admissions essay is an important part of your child's admissions profile. Noodle Pros essay expert Kate Fisher offers some valuable tips about writing the admissions essay.
May 25, 2017
Myths, urban legends and just plain misinformation abound concerning private schools. We shed some light on the facts you may not have known.