Hillside School has a 1:1 program with computers which allows students to store and share their labs, assignments and homework electronically with their peers or teachers.
We offer many clubs for the boys to choose from throughout the year. Examples include cooking, drawing/sketching, football, glee, kickball/dodgeball, guitar, travel, ping-pong and a mystery club.
Community Service is an integral part of our Leadership Class each boy takes for one trimester per year. Students volunteer locally at senior centers and nursing homes and Hillside holds multiple school-wide Community Service Days throughout the year.
Hillside School has 21 different activities/athletics during the year including soccer, basketball, golf, drama, eco-team, intramurals, adventure, lacrosse, track and field, cross country, tennis, wrestling, band and baseball. The New England Sports Center serves as our home ice for our hockey program.
Unique to our school is a working farm. In our Farm Immersion program, students spend one week a year at the farm applying classroom materials to their work in the garden and with our animals. Students may also participate in Eco-Team, a year round activity in which the boys learn about all aspects of farming and animal husbandry.
- Hillside seeks students who are looking for a structured, supportive, and challenging academic environment.
- Excellent programs for students with minor learning disabilities or ADD/ADHD. Hillside is situated on 150 acres in Marlborough, Massachusetts. Marlborough is located just 35 miles West of Boston.
- The Farm at Hillside is utilized by students on a daily basis. Students also participate in Farm Immersion twice a year and have the opportunity to work at the Farm every afternoon for their activity.
- Tutorials are available for students who need remediation and a foundation of skills in Language Arts, Math, Organization, Social Skills and Foundations of Language.
- Hillside offers English as a Second Language for international students and Business English for advanced English Language Learners.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
Association of Independent Schools in New England (AISNE)
|Grades Offered||Grades 5-9|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Language-based and Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||148 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Dress shirt and tie, Khaki pants)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 31 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||7 day - $54,400 5 day - $48,200 Day - $31,900|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Bill Newman|
|Admissions Associate||Sean Hayes|
|Total Sports Offered||14 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Rock Climbing, Sailing, Snowboarding, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, WrestlingAlpine Skiing, Baseball,|
Basketball, Cross Country,
Golf, Ice Hockey,
Lacrosse, Rock Climbing,
Track and Field, Wrestling,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||16 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Adventure, Band, Book Club, Cooking, Drama, Eco-Team, Flag-Football, Frisbee, Glee Club, Green Cup Challenge, Guitar Club, Ping-Pong, Rocketry, Sketching, Wiffleball/Dodgeball, Yearbook Adventure, Band, Book Club, Cooking, Drama, Eco-Team, Flag-Football, Frisbee, Glee Club, Guitar Club, Ping-Pong, Rocketry, Sketching, Yearbook, Green Cup Challenge,|
- Hillside School provides a structured, supportive, and challenging academic environment for boys in grades 5-9. Boarding and day students enjoy a rich curriculum that includes a vibrant visual and performing arts program and competitive athletics. Our unique academic and leadership program, "Shades of Blue," builds character, while holding our students accountable to our core values. The Academic program is supplemented with small group tutorials offered in language arts, math, organization, and social skills for those students needing extra support. Our community is our hallmark; we welcome you to come see for yourself. Please visit www.hillsideschool.net for more, and to schedule a visit today.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- LincolnGrades: 1-9 | 405 students
25 Baker Bridge Road
Lincoln, MA 01773
- Prides CrossingGrades: 9-12 | 310 students
429 Hale St Box 227
Prides Crossing, MA 01965
- HardwickGrades: 8-12 | 182 students
Po Box 116
Hardwick, MA 01037
- ShrewsburyGrades: 9-12 | 1050 students
378 Main St
Shrewsbury, MA 01545
- CharlestownGrades: 7-12 | 19 students
197 8th St
Charlestown, MA 02129
October 18, 2017
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.