French Camp Academy
- French Camp Academy is one of the best boarding schools in Mississippi, but it goes further than simply providing quality education. In fact, our mission is: French Camp Academy, a Christ-centered home and school, exists to serve young people and families for the glory of God.
- FCA serves young people who are looking for a fresh start in life! Feeling lost in the crowd Then French Camp may be just the place for you. French Camp's home-like atmosphere provides a venue for students to continue their education in preparation for future educational opportunities while learning from a Christian world and life view, thereby discovering who they are, their purpose in life, and all their unique qualities endowed by God.
- Nestled in the southern pines of Mississippi, French Camp Academy offers life transforming activities through academics, athletics, astronomy, horsemanship, overseas and U.S.A. short-term mission trips, living life together, and many other adventures geared toward shaping you into the fantastic person God designed you to be.
- Discover French Camp today, and rediscover who you are! One of the best Mississippi Boarding Schools!.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||238 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 15%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||19 students|
|Average ACT score||21|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Khaki pants/shorts and shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$18,000|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,000|
|Admissions Director||Bruce Hosket|
|Admissions Associate||Debbie Barlow|
|Endowment Size||$30 million|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, Winter TrackBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||15 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Astronomy, Christian Bible Studies, Mission Trips, Service Projects|
Club or Organization:
Arts and Music Programs:
Choral, Pottery, Travel Choir
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Canoeing, Equestrian, Fishing, Paint Ball, Quarter Horse Barrel Racing, Swimming, Table Tennis
- Co-ed Christian boarding school for students looking for fresh beginnings
- Largest observatory in Mississippi
- 2013 State Championship Football and competitive athletics
- Equestrian Program with 28,000 square foot covered riding arena
- An affordable Mississippi boarding school
- Located on the historic Natchez Trace Parkway
- 900 acres with walking wilderness trails
- 30 acre lake with ropes course and zip line
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bay Saint Louis Grades: 7-12 | 346 students
304 S. Beach Blvd.
Bay Saint Louis, MS 39520
(228)467-9057 208.2 7-12
- Canton Grades: PK-12 | 291 students
1 Nancy Drive
Canton, MS 39046
(601)859-5231 61.4 PK-12
- Clarksdale Grades: PK-6 | 102 students
150 Florence Ave
Clarksdale, MS 38614
(662)624-4239 92.6 PK-6
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.