Full Circle Montessori School
Full Circle Montessori School Photo #2 - In the Preliminary Exercises, the child learns the basic movements of all societies such as pouring, folding, carrying, and opening and closing containers.
Full Circle Montessori School's mission is to provide the highest quality, authentic Montessori education that prepares children for life long learning.
We guide their emotional, social, intellectual, and physical development in a purposefully designed environment, encourage each child's natural curiosity, imagination, and love of learning in order to inspire their sense of wonder.We partner with families so ensure our students receive the best support as they grow and develop.
- School Type: Montessori School
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-5
- Students: 183 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 30%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Welcome to Full Circle Montessori School! With four locations in Arlington, Virginia, F.C.M.S. is a Toddler level (ages 15 to 36 months), Primary level (ages 2 1/2 - 6), and Elementary level (ages 6 - 12) Montessori school that follows Dr. Maria Montessori`s ideas as upheld through the Association Montessori Internationale (AMI).At F.C.M.S. we embrace what is at the heart of the Montessori philosophy: following the child and aiding him with the preparation for real life. As educators and human development experts, we support children as they follow their natural curiosities and inclinations to find their own interests, weaknesses and strengths. Children thrive when given independence (accompanied by clear, consistent boundaries) while engaging in purposeful work (don't we all ). The social and intellectual confidence - the opportunity to practice and prepare for real life - developed at Full Circle Montessori School will serve them throughout their lives.
- To ensure that Full Circle offers the school experience your family seeks, it is important to do some investigating. We encourage you to: Become a student of the Montessori philosophy, educate yourself by watching the videos and scanning the websites we recommend, attend Full Circle`s open house, come for a tour, call us to chat!
- In addition, we recommend that you visit other schools - both Montessori and non-Montessori. To compare, consider your family's answers to the following questions: Why are the pre-school years so important What should an elementary experience look like What do I really want for my child How much of a role do I want to play at my child`s school Is the school child or adult centered What should a school provide in order to meet our family`s hopes and dreams for our child, now and in the future What purpose do schools serve in the year 2013 As you read, watch, observe, and learn, we are certain that you will delight in the process. Research that at first may have seemed overwhelming-even cumbersome-has turned out to be informative and fun. By searching for an educational path that is best for your child, you may even get some insight and clarity on your own childhood and education and how it affects your life today.
- If your interest is piqued, please get in touch - we look forward to sharing what we do with you!
- "The real preparation for education is the study of one's self." - Dr. Maria Montessori
I tell all my friends and family that I feel like we won the lottery when I think about FCMS. Our son started at their YCC when he was almost two years old and our lives were changed forever. The warm, loving, hardworking, supportive, encouraging directness, Mariana, was the best first teacher we could ever ask for. She taught our son and our family so many valuable lessons. Our son's transition to primary was very smooth. The class Directress, Amy, was also an incredible teacher. She is gifted and passionate about educating young children. She understands who every child is and knows exactly how to approach, encourage and challenge them. Our son blossomed under her care. We could not be happier with our experience. We get so many compliments about our son's social skills, behavior and kindness towards others. Our son just started FCMS's elementary program, and we are thrilled to see how excited he is about learning new things. Thank you to the entire FCMS team for all your hard work, care, support and encouragement. Our son is lucky to be part of such an incredible community.
Both our kids attend FCMS and we couldn't be happier. The kids are excited about school, they are happy to go every day and have developed and learned so much. It is such a wonderful community and the school's impact goes way beyond the classroom; I feel more informed and supported in my parenting and the staff have been so helpful in helping me deal with issues we were having at home. I love that we can continue the good work of the school at home and that the kids know that school and home are two sides of the same coin.
This Montessori school is great. The teacher is super friendly and educated. The school has a great arts program and teaches traditional handwriting. All of the kids seem really well behaved. The only negitive I see is the extensive parent handbook, I feel as though I have a lot of rules as to what my child can wear or bring to school to eat. They have a say in pretty much anything your child eats yet food is not provided. Even with the rules I love this school and so does my child. I would highly recommend this school.
Endorse Full Circle Montessori School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Is The IB Program Right For Your Child?
The International Baccalaureate programmes cover the entire K-12 spectrum with three distinct educational curricula. Is the IB programme right for your child? Some answers to your questions here.
How To Control Your Child's Screen Time
We parents want to keep our children safe from anything and everything. That's always our biggest worry. We don't want our children watching inappropriate content or playing violent games on their smart devices, do we? That's the rationale behind controlling our children's screen times. So, here are a couple of tips on making that happen.
Myths About Private School
Second-hand information, myths, sensational news reports, and biased opinions rarely give a true picture of a private school. Find out what private schools are really like for yourself.