Saint Ann Catholic School
5.00 (4 reviews)
Saint Ann Catholic School Photo #2 - Saint Ann Catholic offers Half-Day and Full-Day Preschool Programs. Full-Day Kindergarten through 8th Grade.
Saint Ann Catholic School Photo #3 - Believe. Achieve. Inspire. These three words embody the guiding principal of Saint Ann Catholic School where we develop students who follow the example of Christ in learning, leading and caring.
Saint Ann Catholic School Photo #4 - Recognized as a National Blue Ribbon School of Excellence, Saint Ann Catholic School is located in Arlington, VA and enrolls approximately 250 students in preschool through 8th Grade.
Saint Ann Catholic School Photo #5 - Our small class size means that each student receives more personal attention as well as the individualized educational and spiritual guidance that promotes strong academic and leadership skills.
Saint Ann Catholic School Photo #6 - Saint Ann Catholic School embraces and shares the Gospel values of Jesus Christ and His Church by fostering a faith-filled community. We promote an educational environment where everyone is respected, everyone learns and everyone is encouraged to reflect the glory of God by contributing to the greater good of our world.
Saint Ann Catholic School Photo #7 - Curriculum includes: Music, Art, PE, Computer, Lab Learner Science, Spanish and Library on a weekly basis.
Saint Ann Catholic School Photo #8 - Extracurricular Activities: Abrakadoodle, Chess, Choir, Junior Mechanical Engineering, Peer Mentoring, Science Seed, Strings Program, Robotics Club
Saint Ann Catholic School Photo #9 - The Saint Ann Catholic School Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) is one of the many opportunities for parents to be involved in their child's education. The PTO provides communication between parents and school administration; educational opportunities for students, parents, and faculty; social events for students and their families; school-related activities to benefit students and faculty and fundraising opportunities
Saint Ann Catholic School Photo #10 - The Saint Ann Junior CYO Athletic Program provides athletic opportunities to students in all grades. In addition to providing a variety of team sports opportunities, our program is also committed to teaching Saint Ann students about sportsmanship, teamwork and goal achievement, all within the principles of Christianity.
- We, the family of St. Ann Catholic School, embrace and share the Gospel values of Jesus Christ by fostering a faith-filled community.
- We promote an educational environment where everyone is respected, everyone learns and everyone is encouraged to contribute to the greater good of our world.
- St. Ann School embraces Jesus Christ as the Master Teacher.
- We recognize that all children are created in the image and likeness of God, each gifted with unique talents and abilities.
- We believe every child has a desire to learn, can learn, and learns best in a loving, nurturing, and safe environment.
- We understand that academic achievement and personal growth require trial, error and reflection.
- We acknowledge that meaningful learning occurs when parents, teachers and students work collaboratively.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Education Association|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild learning differences|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2011|
|Total Students||236 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 24%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Uniform - Winter and Summer )
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,780|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is tiered for Catholic families. Non-catholic students have a separate tuition rate.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,000|
|Admissions Director||Mary Therrell|
|Admissions Associate||Judy Karinshak|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Tennis,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||12 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Club, Junior Mechanical Engineering, Love Life Club, Peer Mentoring, Robotics Club, Science Club, Science Seed, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
Abrakadoodle, Band, Choir, Strings Program
- Saint Ann is a Blue Ribbon School of Excellence offering full day an half-day preschool programs and full-day Kindergarten through 8th Grade. Saint Ann students consistently score above average on standardized tests, and the curriculum includes Music, Art, PE, Computer, Lab Learner Science, Spanish and Library on a weekly basis. Morning and afternoon Extended Day Program is available.
- We, the family of Saint Ann Catholic School, embrace and share the Gospel values of Jesus Christ and His Church by fostering a faith-filled community. We promote an educational environment where everyone is respected, everyone learns and everyone is encouraged to reflect the glory of God by contributing to the greater good of our world.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Arlington Grades: PK-8 | 413 students
105 N. Thomas Street
Arlington, VA 22203
(703)528-6781 1.3 PK-8
- Arlington Grades: K-8
5700 Lee Hwy
Arlington, VA 22207
(703)532-1200 1.3 K-8
- Arlington Grades: NS-PK | 190 students
3299 Fairfax Dr
Arlington, VA 22201
(703)527-0608 0.4 NS-PK
I am an alumna as well as a parent of a 7th grader. The St Ann community has been part of my extended family all my life. The school is a warm, loving, nurturing environment with small classes and teachers that truly care about faith-based education. Students leave for high school well-prepared and confident.
- Posted by Parent - Megan
We moved to VA from CA. We chose a Catholic School as it best suits our family. After touring several Catholic schools we decided on Saint Ann for a variety of reasons; small class size, welcoming community, active church, dedicated teachers and specials instructors, along with an exceptional Preschool program and assortment of sport and after school programs. We have now been here 3 years and have not been disappointed. The teachers are dedicated and open. The faculty makes every effort to work with children of all academic levels. Either providing them with additional instructional assistance or providing them with additional instructional challenges. The teachers are loving and friendly and firm. Policies such as anti-bullying are handled seriously and with love, compassion and firmness. The sports have truly dedicated coaches and provide an excellent learning environment. A one track private school in CA would be 3 times the cost of Saint Ann's. We are beyond grateful for having found this school to have our children and family grow with.
- Posted by Parent - MacGregor Family
This school is just great! It truly feels like family :)
- Posted by Student/Alumni - 7th Grader
Saint Ann isn't just a school. It's a home. Where you learn, play, grow in faith, and form families. Saint Ann is a place where no one is left alone. No one is taunted or made feel like they''re not worth it. All the teachers, students, and faculty all make you feel like you belong, like you''re a part of something bigger than just a simple school. The learning environment produces students ready to take on the world (I have experienced it myself), with an astounding amount of knowledge in all areas. At Saint Ann, your class is your family. Your teachers are people you trust and love enough to respect them and be able to tell them anything. You always know you''re supported and loved. My years at Saint Ann have been some of the best in my life, and any child who could possibly go there is very blessed in deed.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - katie
Signs that your school might be failing don't suddenly appear all at once like a flashing neon sign. Instead, they appear gradually over weeks, months, and years. We explore the warning signs and offer some suggestions to mitigate them.
The SSAT’s questions are different than questions on other standardized tests. Make sure you learn about the best SSAT test prep programs out there.
Bullying lurks everywhere. Learn the warning signs and how to protect your child.