St. Thomas More Cathedral School
Quick Stats (2023)
- Top Ranked VA School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Enrollment: 404 students
- Yearly Tuition: $6,500
- Average class size: 20 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
St. Thomas More Cathedral School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Virginia for:
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Sea Perch, Various Enrichment Programs offered 3x/year
Arts and Music Programs:
Band Program, Choir
- At St. Thomas More Cathedral School, we believe that learning begins in a safe, faith-filled, and nurturing environment with high spiritual and academic standards. We believe that learning is a cooperative experience involving self-motivation, self-discipline, peer assistance, teacher direction, and parish support. We believe that learning occurs most successfully in an atmosphere of acceptance that allows the students to question, to experiment, and to take risks in pursuit of spiritual and academic excellence. We believe that students have different learning styles, talents, and abilities, and that each should be challenged to excel. We believe that teachers should teach with the love, respect and patience that Jesus did. Our teachers establish clear and reasonable expectations that challenge each student to reach his or her potential. We believe that students need a place of structure and order, with schedules and procedures that foster success. We belive in recognizing the diversity of our school and community while training all students to understand and appreciate our unity in the teachings of the Catholic Church. We believe learning is a life-long endeavor bringing us closer to knowing, loving and serving God consistently, despite an ever-changing world.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does St. Thomas More Cathedral School cost?
St. Thomas More Cathedral School's tuition is approximately $6,500 for private students.
What schools are St. Thomas More Cathedral School often compared to?
St. Thomas More Cathedral Schoolis often viewed alongside schools like Saint Ann Catholic School by visitors of our site.
What sports does St. Thomas More Cathedral School offer?
St. Thomas More Cathedral School offers 5 interscholastic sports: Basketball, Cross Country, Tennis, Volleyball and Winter Track.
What is St. Thomas More Cathedral School's ranking?
St. Thomas More Cathedral School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Virginia for: Largest student body and Oldest founding date.
When is the application deadline for St. Thomas More Cathedral School?
The application deadline for St. Thomas More Cathedral School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse St. Thomas More Cathedral School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards