Fusion Academy Dallas
- Fusion Academy is a revolutionary private middle and highschool where positive relationships unlock academic potential.
- All courses are one-to-one: one student and one teacher perclassroom.
- This allows teachers to personalize curriculum and teaching foreach student's individual strengths, interests, and learningstyle.
- Our supportive campus environment is a unique space thatincludes a state-of-the-art recording studio, mixed-media artstudio, and a Homework Caf where students complete all homeworkbefore going home.
- Schedules are customized for students to enroll at any time andtake classes at a time of day that works best for them.
- From algebra to yoga and everything in between, we have classesavailable at essential, college prep, and honors levels to meetyour student's academic goals, whatever they may be.
- Fusion students are all unique but have one thing in common:traditional school doesn t work.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Average Class Size||1 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Christina Tipton|
- Fusion Academy is a revolutionary private middle and highschool where all classes are one-to-one: one student and oneteacher per classroom. This allows for the personalization ofcurriculum and instruction for each student's individual strengths,interest, and learning style.
- This unique, relationships-based education model began with oneschool in Solana Beach, CA, and now there are over 30 campusesacross the country in California, Connecticut, Illinois, NewJersey, New York, Texas, Virginia, and Washington D.C.
- Each campus is unique but has a similar vibe and culture as theoriginal Solana Beach campus. It includes a state-of-the-artrecording studio and mixed-media art studio for students to expresstheir creativity. There are also two Homework Caf spaces, onesilent and one social, where students complete their homeworkbefore leaving for the day.
- The educational experience at Fusion is completely customizedto ignite a student's passion for learning. Classes are self-paced,and course materials are presented in ways that suit studentsindividual interest, strengths and challenges. It was modeledaround the needs of students who weren t finding their place inmore traditional school environments whether they struggled withmild learning differences, social issues, the rigid scheduling ofmore traditional schools, or the boredom of a classroom not gearedto accelerated learners.
- From algebra to yoga and everything in between, Fusion offersover 250 middle and high school courses, all of which meet statestandards. Classes are available at three levels: essential,college prep, and honors. Fusion teachers have also created classesfor students if there is something students would like to learnthat isn t available in their catalog, while still adhering tostate standards.
- Along with personalized curriculum, Fusion's one-to-oneteaching model also allows for the customization of scheduling.Students may enroll at any time of the year, and take classes at atime of day that works best for them, which appeals to students whohave demanding schedules outside of school because of sports orartistic involvement.
- Some students enroll full time, while others utilize Fusion'stutoring and mentoring services. Their tutors are their teacherswho are passionate about and have mastered their subject matter.Families also turn to Fusion to support their homeschooling effortsby taking classes for credit like world languages and labsciences.
- While it's impossible to put our students into categories, wegenerally serve students with the following backgrounds: ADHD,accelerated/gifted learners, dyslexia, mild learning differences,social challenges, school anxiety, or students with challengingschedules. Students who attend Fusion have one thing in common:traditional school isn t working.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Dallas Grades: NS-9 | 135 students
3303 Potters House Way
Dallas, TX 75236
(214)467-4143 15.9 NS-9
- Dallas Grades: 1-12 | 174 students
950 Tiffany Way
Dallas, TX 75218
(214)324-1481 3.9 1-12
- Richardson Grades: K-12 | 37 students
1221 W Campbell Rd, # 209
Richardson, TX 75080
(972)516-8844 7.4 K-12
- Southlake Grades: 6-12
301 State Street, Suite 200
Southlake, TX 76092
(817)416-0306 21.8 6-12
Each state sets its own teacher certification requirements. While many private schools do not require you to be certified, it is in your best interests to obtain certification. This article includes contact information for state education offices so you can begin the process.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.