Fusion Academy Dallas
Tel: (214) 363-4615
- Fusion Academy is a revolutionary private middle and highschool where positive relationships unlock academic potential.
- All courses are one-to-one: one student and one teacher per classroom.
- This allows teachers to personalize curriculum and teaching foreach student's individual strengths, interests, and learning style.
- Our supportive campus environment is a unique space that includes a state-of-the-art recording studio, mixed-media artstudio, and a Homework Cafe where students complete all homework before going home.
- Schedules are customized for students to enroll at any time and take classes at a time of day that works best for them.
- From algebra to yoga and everything in between, we have classes available at essential, college prep, and honors levels to meet your student's academic goals, whatever they may be.
- Fusion students are all unique but have one thing in common:traditional school doesn t work.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Average Class Size||1 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Geanne Weaver-Hepler|
- Fusion Academy is a revolutionary private middle and highschool where all classes are one-to-one: one student and oneteacher per classroom. This allows for the personalization ofcurriculum and instruction for each student's individual strengths,interest, and learning style. We are also offering live, 1-on-1 instruction via Zoom for students who wish to work from home.
- This unique, relationships-based education model began with oneschool in Solana Beach, CA, and now there are over 30 campusesacross the country in California, Connecticut, Illinois, NewJersey, New York, Texas, Virginia, and Washington D.C.
- Each campus is unique but has a similar vibe and culture as theoriginal Solana Beach campus. It includes a state-of-the-artrecording studio and mixed-media art studio for students to expresstheir creativity. There are also two Homework Caf spaces, onesilent and one social, where students complete their homeworkbefore leaving for the day.
- The educational experience at Fusion is completely customizedto ignite a student's passion for learning. Classes are self-paced,and course materials are presented in ways that suit studentsindividual interest, strengths and challenges. It was modeledaround the needs of students who weren t finding their place inmore traditional school environments whether they struggled withmild learning differences, social issues, the rigid scheduling ofmore traditional schools, or the boredom of a classroom not gearedto accelerated learners.
- From algebra to yoga and everything in between, Fusion offersover 250 middle and high school courses, all of which meet statestandards. Classes are available at three levels: essential,college prep, and honors. Fusion teachers have also created classesfor students if there is something students would like to learnthat isn t available in their catalog, while still adhering tostate standards.
- Along with personalized curriculum, Fusion's one-to-oneteaching model also allows for the customization of scheduling.Students may enroll at any time of the year, and take classes at atime of day that works best for them, which appeals to students whohave demanding schedules outside of school because of sports orartistic involvement.
- Some students enroll full time, while others utilize Fusion'stutoring and mentoring services. Their tutors are their teacherswho are passionate about and have mastered their subject matter.Families also turn to Fusion to support their homeschooling effortsby taking classes for credit like world languages and labsciences.
- While it's impossible to put our students into categories, wegenerally serve students with the following backgrounds: ADHD,accelerated/gifted learners, dyslexia, mild learning differences,social challenges, school anxiety, or students with challengingschedules. Students who attend Fusion have one thing in common:traditional school isn t working.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Dallas Grades: NS-9 | 135 students
3303 Potters House Way
Dallas, TX 75236
(214) 467-4143 15.8 NS-9
- Dallas Grades: 1-12 | 174 students
950 Tiffany Way
Dallas, TX 75218
(214) 324-1481 4 1-12
- Richardson Grades: K-12 | 43 students
1221 W Campbell Rd, # 209
Richardson, TX 75080
(972) 516-8844 7.4 K-12
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.