Garfield Park Academy
Tel: (609) 877-4111
- Garfield Park Academy is a division of the Therapeutic Learning Center, Inc. In 1992, known only as The Therapeutic Learning Center (TLC), the school opened its doors and began accepting students in the beginning of 1993.
- Conveniently located in the heart of Willingboro Township in Burlington County, NJ, the Therapeutic Learning Center began with one student and occupied one rented classroom in the Garfield Park Elementary School.
- Before long, enrollment jumped to 75 and more classrooms were rented from the Willingboro Township School District.
- We offer a positive and friendly atmosphere where students can learn and advance their education.
- We believe that our therapeutic program, combined with traditional academics and preparation for college or the vocations enhances the chances of students with emotional and social challenges to succeed in an educational environment and in life.
- Garfield Park Academy is approved by the New Jersey Department of Education as an Alternative School.
- The Clinic is also approved to operate under the approval of the New Jersey Department of Education.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Private Special Education Centers|
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
ASAH Private Special Education
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||160 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||9 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.