- The Gateway School of Carteret, NJ has approximately 105 students from twenty-six school districts representing five counties in central New Jersey.
- It is staffed with 65 of New Jersey's finest educators and special education staff.
- The warmth and vitality that fills the school creates a great environment to provide the students support and encouragement to learn and develop individual interests.
- The school is located in Carteret, New Jersey and currently serves children, adolescents and young adults from 5 to 21 years old.
- The students come from sending districts in Middlesex, Monmouth, Essex, Union, Hudson and Passaic counties.
- Tuition and transportation costs are provided by the local school districts.
- The mission of Gateway School is to provide a safe and nurturing educational environment dedicated to the vision that individuals with disabling conditions are entitled to a full and meaningful life.
- The school seeks to empower each student with skills for life, work, and recreation, believing that every individual possesses the dignity and potential to contribute to a better world.".
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other associations(s) for exceptional children|
|Grades Offered||Grades 3-12|
|Total Students||65 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Scotch PlainsGrades: K-12
1000 Cellar Avenue
Scotch Plains, NJ 07076
ChathamGrades: K-12 | 200 students
21 Lum Ave
Chatham, NJ 07928
UnionGrades: PK | 105 students
1140 Commerce Ave
Union, NJ 07083
EatontownGrades: 6-12 | 38 students
62 Hance Ave
Eatontown, NJ 07724
BloomfieldGrades: K-12 | 90 students
60 West St
Bloomfield, NJ 07003
Gateway provides a warm, nurturing environment for students with a wide range of cognitive and behavioral needs. Children can be successful at this school even when they have not been able to fit in other settings. Many opportunities are provided for students to develop new strengths and explore interests. The athletic and music programs are wonderful, with Special Olympics offered in three sports, and four musicals or talent shows take place during each school year. The staff are very dedicated and help students feel safe and valued.
- Posted by Parent - nancy
May 15, 2017
Many famous children have attended private schools. Here is a sampling of schools and the famous folk who graced their hallowed halls.
May 11, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.
May 11, 2017
Learn more about the Private School Review "Ultimate Admissions Checklist," with top-flight tips from leading minds in education.