5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (732) 938-9585
- The Gateway School of Carteret, NJ has approximately 105 students from twenty-six school districts representing five counties in central New Jersey.
- It is staffed with 65 of New Jersey's finest educators and special education staff.
- The warmth and vitality that fills the school creates a great environment to provide the students support and encouragement to learn and develop individual interests.
- The school is located in Carteret, New Jersey and currently serves children, adolescents and young adults from 5 to 21 years old.
- The students come from sending districts in Middlesex, Monmouth, Essex, Union, Hudson and Passaic counties.
- Tuition and transportation costs are provided by the local school districts.
- The mission of Gateway School is to provide a safe and nurturing educational environment dedicated to the vision that individuals with disabling conditions are entitled to a full and meaningful life.
- The school seeks to empower each student with skills for life, work, and recreation, believing that every individual possesses the dignity and potential to contribute to a better world.".
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other associations(s) for exceptional children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Inquire with school|
|Total Students||46 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Carteret Grades: PK-8 | 199 students
865 Roosevelt Ave
Carteret, NJ 07008
(732) 541-7111 1.3 PK-8
- Bloomfield Grades: K-12 | 90 students
60 West St
Bloomfield, NJ 07003
(973) 429-8110 15.1 K-12
- Bound Brook Grades: 7-12 | 34 students
151 Vosseller Ave.
Bound Brook, NJ 08805
(732) 469-8677 16.5 7-12
- Chatham Grades: 2-12 | 160 students
21 Lum Ave
Chatham, NJ 07928
(973) 635-1700 14.3 2-12
Gateway provides a warm, nurturing environment for students with a wide range of cognitive and behavioral needs. Children can be successful at this school even when they have not been able to fit in other settings. Many opportunities are provided for students to develop new strengths and explore interests. The athletic and music programs are wonderful, with Special Olympics offered in three sports, and four musicals or talent shows take place during each school year. The staff are very dedicated and help students feel safe and valued.
- Posted by Parent - nancy
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.