General Booth KinderCare
Welcome to the General Booth KinderCare, where everything is designed for learning! Our passionate and caring teachers bring a total of 91 years of Early Childhood Education experience to our center! We pride ourselves on consistently maintaining cleanliness and health and safety standards for all children in our care.
Beyond that, our teachers are committed to providing the best and most current teaching practices to our children.
In addition to utilizing our curriculum, our teachers are able to utilize their creativity in enhancing lessons to provide quality care and education.
We believe that the fundamental building blocks all children need to be successful start very early in life.
We are dedicated to nurturing growth and development in meaningful ways to set our children up for success and a lifetime love of learning!.
Quick Stats (2023)
- School Type: Early Childhood / Day Care
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Student Body Type
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- Welcome to the General Booth KinderCare! Whether your child has first words or first grade on the horizon, we're excited to show you how everything in our center is designed for learning! Our holistic approach to nurturing the growth and development of the whole child allows us to provide our children with developmentally age appropriate activities that help to stimulate learning cognitively, nurture creativity, establish communication skills, improve mobility and coordination, and lay the foundation for your child to develop trusting relationships. It is incredibly important for our team to build good trust and rapport with our families and the community that we serve. The most important thing to us is that our children leave us everyday safe, nourished, happy, and bright. We want for all of our parents to feel at ease when they leave their children with us that they are receiving quality care and education every hour of every day. We would love to welcome you to our center anytime to take a tour and meet our wonderful teachers. We have an open door policy and we encourage our families to be part of the process and share their lives with us! We hope to see you soon!
- All staff members in our center are currently trained in First Aid and CPR as well as fire safety, daily health, and the ability to administer regular and emergency medication. We pride ourselves on making the health and safety of your children paramount. Our building is equipped with a coded keypad entry for added security. We have a 6 foot fence around the full perimeter of our building and playground as well. We have a full-time Health and Safety Coordinator that assists Center Management in the day to day operations of our building as well as complete daily inspections of our building.
- Hours Of Operation: 5:45 AM to 6:30 PM, M-F
- Languages Spoken: American_sign_langugage, Spanish
- Virginia Beach, NACCRRA, and Norfolk
Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Frequently Asked Questions
What schools are General Booth KinderCare often compared to?
General Booth KinderCareis often viewed alongside schools like Courthouse Academy by visitors of our site.
When is the application deadline for General Booth KinderCare?
The application deadline for General Booth KinderCare is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse General Booth KinderCare. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Children With Learning Differences: How To Proceed
Facing the reality that your child has learning differences is never easy. But with a diagnosis from a qualified professional, and skilled experienced teachers who know how to remediate those differences, your child can learn to handle her differences. More here.
Enrichment Resources For Children Ages 10-14
I asked ChatGPT to list apps, YouTube Channels, and podcasts suitable for enriching the studies of students ages 10-14. (We'll look at resources for younger and older students in another article.)
February 13, 2023Designing Assignments In The ChatGPT Era
AI (Artificial Intelligence), specifically ChatGPT, poses some serious challenges for teachers. We explore the importance of teaching students how to attribute the work and ideas of others.