Gindi Maimonides Academy
- Maimonides Academy is an Orthodox Sephardic Jewish day school. It is dedicated to offering its students stimulating activities for growth and enrichment through an extensive, balanced Judaic and general studies educational program.
- This diverse program, offered in a warm and nurturing environment, provides all students with the opportunities to acquire knowledge and technological skills.
- There is an emphasis on developing critical thinking, problem solving and social awareness, while instilling the values of our heritage, the love of our Torah and the love of the people and land of Israel.
- In this way, Maimonides children will grow to become dedicated Jews and successful, productive citizens in a democratic society and global world.
- At Maimonides, we build a warm, nurturing, family environment'praise by praise, smile by smile, encouragement by encouragement'to support and inspire our students to be actively involved in their community, no matter where their life leads them.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||461 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||44 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los Angeles Grades: NS-6 | 532 students
563 N Alfred St
Los Angeles, CA 90048
(323)651-0707 0.4 NS-6
- Beverly Hills Grades: K-6 | 98 students
8844 Burton Way
Beverly Hills, CA 90211
(310)288-3737 0.5 K-6
- Beverly Hills Grades: 6-12
8484 Wilshire Blvd., Ste. 220
Beverly Hills, CA 90211
(866)402-1699 0.9 6-12
- Los Angeles Grades: NS-PK | 30 students
1105 North Laurel Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90046
(323)650-2922 1.2 NS-PK
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.