Good Shepherd Evangelical Lutheran School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (989) 835-4181
- Good Shepherd Lutheran Elementary School Providing quality, Christ-centered education since 1979.
- Our school has two objectives To prepare your child to live as God's child forever in heaven and to educate your child to live as God's child here on earth.
- Our Christian education program is therefore set up to help your child begin the lifelong process of developing spiritually, academically, emotionally, and physically, according to their gifts given to them by God.
- We prepare your child for life; a life that we know will continually face temptations to turn away from the Lord.
- There is no better way to prepare your child for such a struggle than by working diligently and cooperatively together, demonstrating our commitment to carrying out our God-given privilege and responsibility of teaching his word to the next generation.
- Our curriculum is based on the requirements of the State of Michigan and the “Wisconsin Synod Course of Study for Lutheran Schools.” Nationally standardized tests may be used to help the teachers discover your child's strengths and weaknesses.
- Our teachers have the flexibility to give your child extra help or advanced work as appropriate for his or her needs.
- At Good Shepherd, your child will be academically prepared to enter ninth grade.
|Religious Affiliation||Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||24 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Midland Grades: PK-12 | 56 students
4417 W Wackerly St
Midland, MI 48640
(989) 835-9881 3.6 PK-12
- Midland Grades: PK-8 | 89 students
505 E Carpenter St
Midland, MI 48640
(989) 835-7041 2 PK-8
Good Shepherd is part of a tremendous school system that has been teaching children for more than 150 years.
- Posted by Parent - Mr. K
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.