Good Shepherd School
5.00 (1 review)
- Our mission at Good Shepherd School is to equip our students with the tools of learning and to endow them with the wisdom of the ages so they may serve God and their fellow man with love, virtue, and strength.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Association of Classical and Christian Schools (ACCS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Autism Continuum, ADD/ADHD|
|Total Students||113 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 35%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Average SAT score||1200|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,975|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,450|
|Admissions Director||Lauri Ann Hoyt|
|Admissions Associate||Leah Armstrong|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Golf, Intramural Sports Only, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and FieldGolf, Intramural Sports Only,|
Tennis, Track and Field,
- Good Shepherd School has been established to provide an academically excellent education that is distinctively classical and Christian in the Anglican Tradition, in order to equip students to be the moral and intellectual leaders in their callings.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- TylerGrades: PK-5 | 354 students
500 S College Avenue
Tyler, TX 75702
- TylerGrades: PK-12 | 720 students
2695 S Southwest Loop 323
Tyler, TX 75701
- TylerGrades: PK-12 | 224 students
2448 Roy Rd.
Tyler, TX 75707
- BullardGrades: PK-12 | 681 students
1051 N. Houston Street
Bullard, TX 75757
My daughter has gone to Good Shepherd since kindergarten- and she will be entering 8th grade this year. The focus is in building strong character and academic excellence. Parents are able to get to know one another. There is a strong sense of community. I hear about problems like bullying and social hazing- but these are not allowed to exist at Good Shepherd. I cannot recommend this school highly enough!
- Posted by Parent - Clmit
September 05, 2017
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
September 05, 2017
Never lose sight of why you are planning to send your child to private school. This list of ten considerations will help you focus on the things which matter.
September 04, 2017
Use this hub to keep track of the steps in the private schools' admission process.