The Brook Hill School
- The Brook Hill School is an international boarding and day school that allows students to develop world-wide friendships.
- The Brook Hill School curriculum features a History-English program that allows students to read the primary sources of world history and literature.
- Students study history from the pens of those who lived it.
- The Brook Hill curriculum not only develops a sense of history, but it also helps students recognize the prejudices of our current era.
- The Brook Hill School's service projects and Senior Leadership program encourage students to connect with volunteer opportunities in the larger community.
- Brook Hill teaches students how their faith, intellect, and actions interact.
- Brook Hill provides students the opportunity to become comprehensive Christians.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
Other school association(s)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||681 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 35%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||73 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Number of AP Courses||27 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Anatomy & Physiology, Biology, Business Accounting, Calculus 1, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, College Algebra, College Trigonometry, Economics, English 12, English Language & Composition, English Literature & Composition, Environmental Science, Government, Personal Finance, Physics, Spanish, Statistics, Studio Art: 2D Design, Studio Art: 3D Design|
|Average SAT score||1229|
|Average ACT score||27|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Khaki bottoms and polo shirts except for Wednesday Chapel Day when wear special uniform)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$11,640|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies by school division and whether day or boarding student. Tuition fees are available on our website|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$3,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Travis Albea|
|Admissions Associate||Jamie Whitten|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||12 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Cannon Crew, Choir, Coffee House Club, Creative Writing Club, Dance Team, Debate Club, Drum Line, International Club, Robotics Club, Strategic Gaming Club, Thespian Club, Traveler's Club Cannon Crew, Choir, Dance Team, Debate Club, Drum Line, Robotics Club, Thespian Club, Coffee House Club,|
Creative Writing Club,
Strategic Gaming Club,
- What began in the early 1990`s as one man`s dream is today a glowing and growing reality: a vibrant, independent Christian school, set on a beautiful 280-acre campus in East Texas, with a three-fold mission that permeates every aspect of Brook Hill`s existence. That mission To provide excellence in college preparatory education, affirm the gifts and challenge the potential of each student, and encourage students to honor God through Christ-like character. Although Brook Hill is a non-denominational Christian school, the Bible is studied for credit, and students attend Chapel services weekly. The academic doors were opened in the fall of 1997 with 31 students in grades six, seven, and eight. A grade level was added each year until reaching a full complement of PreK through twelve in the fall of 2005. An international/domestic boarding program was established in the summer of 2003, and Brook Hill has now hosted students from China, Ghana, Japan, Korea, Kosovo, Mexico, Micronesia, South Africa, Taiwan, Turks and Caicos and Vietnam. Less than a two-hour drive from Brook Hill is Dallas, a major, multicultural city and hub for national and international flights. Students enjoy the day-to-day benefits of our quiet country setting, as well as our close proximity to all that Dallas has to offer.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- TylerGrades: 6-12 | 518 students
3001 University Boulevard
Tyler, TX 75701
- TylerGrades: PK-12 | 224 students
2448 Roy Rd.
Tyler, TX 75707
- TylerGrades: PK-12 | 113 students
2525 Old Jacksonville Rd
Tyler, TX 75701
- TylerGrades: PK-K | 115 students
5330 New Copeland Rd
Tyler, TX 75703
- TylerGrades: PK-12 | 720 students
2695 S Southwest Loop 323
Tyler, TX 75701
Under the coaching and guidance of coach Springer Brook Hill is an outstanding choice for academics and Softball.
- Posted by Parent - Richard
My daughter is in the middle school at BH and we have attended since third grade. We are very pleased with the level of academics and extracurricular activities offered by BH in a Christian environment. Our daughter has excelled with their program and has all A's along with being involved in sports, the arts and clubs. The teachers are excellent and we also like the extra activities such as field trips to other parts of Texas, college tours, etc. The school is small but has a feel of a college campus. We live in Tyler and it's only a 15 min. drive from the South part of town. I thoroughly looked at all other private schools in Tyler and actually came from a different one and this one is the best without a doubt.
- Posted by Parent - mishk