The Brook Hill School
5.00 (3 reviews)
Tel: (903) 894-5000
- The Brook Hill School is an international boarding and day school that allows students to develop world-wide friendships.
- The Brook Hill School curriculum features a History-English program that allows students to read the primary sources of world history and literature.
- Students study history from the pens of those who lived it.
- The Brook Hill curriculum not only develops a sense of history, but it also helps students recognize the prejudices of our current era.
- The Brook Hill School's service projects and Senior Leadership program encourage students to connect with volunteer opportunities in the larger community.
- Brook Hill teaches students how their faith, intellect, and actions interact.
- Brook Hill provides students the opportunity to become comprehensive Christians.
The Brook Hill School places among the top 20% of private schools in Texas for:
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
Other school association(s)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Total Students||699 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||87 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Number of AP Courses||27 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Anatomy & Physiology, Biology, Business Accounting, Calculus 1, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, College Algebra, College Trigonometry, Digital Media, Economics, English 12, English Language & Composition, English Literature & Composition, Entrepreneurship, Environmental Science, Forensics, Government, Marketing, Personal Finance, Physics, Spanish, Statistics, Studio Art: 2D Design, Studio Art: 3D Design|
|Average SAT score||1423|
|Average ACT score||30|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Khaki bottoms and polo shirts except for Wednesday Chapel Day when wear special uniform)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$12,000|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies by school division and whether day or boarding student. Tuition fees are available on our website|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$3,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Jamie Whitten|
|Admissions Associate||Mallory Sims|
|Endowment Size||$6 million|
|Total Sports Offered||15 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Drill Team, Equestrian, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Dance, Drill Team,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||23 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Bible Study, Cannon Crew, Coding, Coffee House Club, Creative Writing Club, Debate Club, Fabrication, International Club, Robotics Club, Strategic Gaming Club, Thespian Club, Traveler's Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Choir, Dance Team, Drama, Drum Line, guitar, Jazz Band, Orchestra, Photography, Stage Craft, Worship Band
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- What began in the early 1990`s as one man`s dream is today a glowing and growing reality: a vibrant, independent Christian school, set on a beautiful 280-acre campus in East Texas, with a three-fold mission that permeates every aspect of Brook Hill`s existence. That mission To provide excellence in college preparatory education, affirm the gifts and challenge the potential of each student, and encourage students to honor God through Christ-like character. Although Brook Hill is a non-denominational Christian school, the Bible is studied for credit, and students attend Chapel services weekly. The academic doors were opened in the fall of 1997 with 31 students in grades six, seven, and eight. A grade level was added each year until reaching a full complement of PreK through twelve in the fall of 2005. An international/domestic boarding program was established in the summer of 2003, and Brook Hill has now hosted students from China, Ghana, Japan, Korea, Kosovo, Mexico, Micronesia, South Africa, Taiwan, Turks and Caicos and Vietnam. Less than a two-hour drive from Brook Hill is Dallas, a major, multicultural city and hub for national and international flights. Students enjoy the day-to-day benefits of our quiet country setting, as well as our close proximity to all that Dallas has to offer.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Brook Hill has been an incredible school for Pre-K. My son is already learning sight words, and he feels loved and safe every day at school. There are 14 kids in his class, a full-time teacher and a full-time aid. He receives an incredible amount of individual attention. The students are also so kind. When he walks into a class in the morning, his friends give him hugs and say hello. He has fun every day - with recess, PE, music, art, library, and even a makers space (brand new this semester!). The best part is that the Gospel is woven into every aspect of his education. It's not just a chapel or a prayer before lunch, but a whole environment where Christ is first. We are here for life, and I can't wait for my daughter to be old enough to attend.
- Posted by Parent - Travis
Under the coaching and guidance of coach Springer Brook Hill is an outstanding choice for academics and Softball.
- Posted by Parent - Richard
My daughter is in the middle school at BH and we have attended since third grade. We are very pleased with the level of academics and extracurricular activities offered by BH in a Christian environment. Our daughter has excelled with their program and has all A's along with being involved in sports, the arts and clubs. The teachers are excellent and we also like the extra activities such as field trips to other parts of Texas, college tours, etc. The school is small but has a feel of a college campus. We live in Tyler and it's only a 15 min. drive from the South part of town. I thoroughly looked at all other private schools in Tyler and actually came from a different one and this one is the best without a doubt.
- Posted by Parent - mishk
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.