Grace Community School - Upper Campus
5.00 (2 reviews)
- Imagine a school where the love of Christ is lived every day.
- Where children learn at the feet of teachers who are dedicated to seeing them grow in wisdom, and in stature and in favor with God and in favor with man.
- A place where students receive an outstanding education; not just learning facts or how to perform well on a test, but rather how to use their minds to explore truth and to unlock the mysteries of God's creation.
- A place where the whole student is developed according to his or her gifts, talents and passions, and equipped to discover and live out God's unique purposes for his or her life.This place does exist.
- It is conveniently located on two beautiful campuses in the heart of Tyler, TX. It is Grace Community School.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2015|
|Total Students||518 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 35%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||80 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Number of AP Courses||9 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus, AP Computer Programming, AP English Language and Composition, AP English Literature and Composition, AP Physics, AP Spanish, AP US History, AP World History|
|Average ACT score||25|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$11,110|
|Tuition Notes||Needs-based financial aid up to 50% is available.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Shari Wilson|
|Admissions Associate||Debbie Morris|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Drill Team, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Drill Team, Football,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Band, Choir, Drama, Fishing Team, Orchestra, Sporting Clays, Student Band, Choir, Drama, Fishing Team, Orchestra, Sporting Clays, Student,|
- Grace Community School exists to teach Jesus. That is who we are, and it is what we do. Picture who Jesus is and was. All that He did and said. What He taught us. What He's still teaching us every day. That is our primary focus. Grace is about Mrs. Allen not only teaching the American Civil War to your child, but to see God's sovereign hand through it. It is Coach Maddox, who uses the game of football to equip your son to endure the heat of August so he'll someday persevere through heat in his marriage. It is about showing your daughter how her hand on the bow of her cello can draw her closer to the heart of God. Finally, Grace is Mrs. Crawford praying over and shepherding the wounded heart of your child over the death of her goldfish, or her grandfather. If your greatest desire is for your child to learn to love the Lord with all his heart, all his soul, and all his mind, Grace would love to partner with you to help make that happen. It's what teaching Jesus is all about.
We love Grace Community School! The staff is amazing and has invested countless hours in my children. They are always willing to meet early or late to enable our family to succeed.
- Posted by Parent - twine
We started our children in the elementary upon moving to Tyler. The faculty and staff prepared them well for the "freedom" experienced in JH. Our kids transitioned beautifully and have found great friends. There is a ton of athletic and academic options - perfect for each of my children - from drumline to cross country. The faculty and staff are extremely caring and are a tremendous blessing to our family.
- Posted by Parent - tim.c
Nearby Homes for Sale
September 05, 2017
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
September 05, 2017
Never lose sight of why you are planning to send your child to private school. This list of ten considerations will help you focus on the things which matter.
September 04, 2017
Use this hub to keep track of the steps in the private schools' admission process.