St. Thomas High School
St. Thomas High School Photo #2 - For generations the mission of Eagle Athletics is for our student-athletes to learn the valuable lessons of dedication, loyalty and discipline yielding much more than just performance outcomes in their sport, but to compete and grow through life-building skills including teamwork, camaraderie, discipline, respect and diligence.St. Thomas offers 12 sports with multiple team levels while competing in the Texas
Rooted in a century-long tradition of excellence, the Basilian Fathers, lay faculty and staff of St. Thomas High School, with support from parents, actualize our motto, "Teach me Goodness, Discipline, and Knowledge," in an interactive place of teaching and learning.
We provide a challenging intellectual atmosphere and well-rounded formation, which support the development of moral character and prepare students to be successful in a technologically and globally oriented society.
Faithful to the mission of the Catholic Church, the school community seeks to actively share Christ's message in all endeavors, promote social justice through service to those in need, and uphold the uniqueness and dignity of all.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||AdvancED|
Texas Catholic Conference Education Department
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||662 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||64 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||19 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Biology, Calculus AB and BC, Chemistry, Computer Science, Computer Science Principles, English Composition, English Language, English Literature, Environmental Science, French, Latin, Music Theory, Physics, Spanish, Statistics, US Government, US History, World History|
|Average SAT score||1201|
|Average ACT score||26|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Dress pants, collared shirt, dress shoes)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 15 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$19,720|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Maxwell Holmes|
|Admissions Associate||Claudia Walker|
|Endowment Size||$15 million|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Rugby, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Football,
Track and Field, Wrestling,
- For more than a century, St. Thomas High School has continued to provide young men in the Houston area with a competitive, Catholic, college-preparatory education; while cultivating the skills necessary for helping them successfully navigate life beyond graduation. Its graduates are admitted to the nation`s highest-ranking universities with a strong foundation for academic success; and, most importantly, often into the student`s first choice for higher education.
- Ranked a top 10 Catholic high school in Texas, and founded on a dedication to education defined by the Basilian Order, St. Thomas High School`s tradition of academic excellence, fulfillment of character, and growth in faith extends to all facets of the school environment. From the achievements of its athletic programs, to nurturing talent in the arts, St. Thomas applies a standard of excellence that benefits students across a broad spectrum of interests and ambitions.
- For generations, the school`s tradition of brotherhood has meant a lifelong connection with mentors, job opportunities, career advancements, and treasured friendships.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Houston Grades: K-5 | 1431 students
2401 Claremont Ln
Houston, TX 77019
(713) 850-0222 2 K-5
- Houston Grades: 9-12 | 1018 students
8900 Bellaire Blvd
Houston, TX 77036
(713) 774-6427 9 9-12
- Houston Grades: PK-12 | 1412 students
201 Kinkaid School Dr
Houston, TX 77024
(713) 782-1640 6.4 PK-12
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.
TLTR? There are a couple of private school documents which you need to read.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.