St Johns School
- St. John's is an independent, co-educational day school presenting a 13-year sequence of college preparatory training.
- A non-profit institution, it was founded in 1946 to provide the community with a school of exacting standards in the development of individual, spiritual, ethical, intellectual, social and physical growth.
- While the means to achieve that purpose may change, it remains the basic mission of the School.
- The School seeks to develop the whole person in preparation for a lifetime of personal fulfillment and contribution to society.
- In particular, it is dedicated to the enhancement and the expansion of future leadership for Houston and the country.
- The School offers talented, motivated and energetic students a genuine challenge for academic accomplishment and for development of a sense of self-worth and of personal responsibility.
- The School in turn holds itself responsible for providing that challenge.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other associations(s) for exceptional children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||1431 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 39%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||37 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||39:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Houston Grades: PK-12 | 1412 students
201 Kinkaid School Dr
Houston, TX 77024
(713)243-5040 4.9 PK-12
- Houston Grades: PK-8 | 853 students
2300 Willowick Rd
Houston, TX 77027
(713)623-6938 0.7 PK-8
- Houston Grades: 9-12 | 662 students
4500 Memorial Drive
Houston, TX 77007
(713)864-6348 2 9-12
Do you think your son has a learning disability? Not sure what to do? A special needs school might be the way to go.
You thought everything was set. The test scores were excellent. She had glowing teacher recommendations. The visit and the interview went well. But the school didn't accept your child. What do you do now?
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.