First Steps Montessori School
- First Steps Montessori School is a ministry of The Church of St. John the Divine, a 501 (c)(3) organization.
- We have an enrollment of 120 children, ages 18 months through kindergarten.
- The student population is multi-ethnic and approximately one quarter of our students are children of parishioners.
- All of our teachers are Montessori certified and have 12-20 years of teaching experience.
- We are proud of our dedicated teachers, low teacher/child ratios and experienced support staff.
- First Steps is a member of the American Montessori Society.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)|
American Montessori Society (AMS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||113 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Houston Grades: NS | 77 students
12280 Westheimer Rd Ste 50
Houston, TX 77077
(281) 558-7323 10.3 NS
- Houston Grades: PK-K | 280 students
12127 Malcomson Rd
Houston, TX 77070
(281) 370-9054 20.5 PK-K
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?