First Steps Montessori School
- First Steps Montessori School is a ministry of The Church of St. John the Divine, a 501 (c)(3) organization.
- We have an enrollment of 120 children, ages 18 months through kindergarten.
- The student population is multi-ethnic and approximately one quarter of our students are children of parishioners.
- All of our teachers are Montessori certified and have 12-20 years of teaching experience.
- We are proud of our dedicated teachers, low teacher/child ratios and experienced support staff.
- First Steps is a member of the American Montessori Society.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)|
American Montessori Society (AMS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||113 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Houston Grades: NS | 77 students
12280 Westheimer Rd Ste 50
Houston, TX 77077
(281)558-7323 10.3 NS
- Houston Grades: PK-K | 280 students
12127 Malcomson Rd
Houston, TX 77070
(281)370-9054 20.5 PK-K
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.