Lakewood Montessori School
Tel: (281) 370-9054
- The Lakewood Montessori School is dedicated to the total development of the constantly growing child.
- Our environments provide varying degrees of challenge from which children may, with guidance, choose work according to their level of development.
- We value that the direction of growth is positively influenced by perpetuating a warm, caring, and nurturing community.
- Lakewood Montessori School is committed to individualized education, allowing children freedom to develop at their own pace.
- We strive to satisfy a child's need to know, to achieve, to belong, to feel safe and secure, and to develop self-esteem.
- The Montessori school is designed to accommodate various stages of development in children, which occur in roughly 3-year cycles.
- From birth to 3 years of age the child is absorbing directly from the environment, analogous to a sponge.
- It is during this phase that many language and motor skills are acquired without formal instruction.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other Montessori association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||280 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||47:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Houston Grades: PK-K | 113 students
2450 River Oaks Blvd
Houston, TX 77019
(713) 354-2267 20.5 PK-K
- Houston Grades: NS | 77 students
12280 Westheimer Rd Ste 50
Houston, TX 77077
(281) 558-7323 18 NS
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.