5.00 (2 reviews)
- Covenant Academy is a classical Christian school in northwest Houston fully accredited by Advanc-ED. Our school exists to cultivate leaders equipped to honor and defend truth, goodness, and beauty.
- We partner with parents to train students by way of Scripture and the classical liberal arts to be discerning, articulate followers of Jesus Christ.
- Covenant Academy is committed to teaching all subjects as part of an integrated whole with the Scriptures at the center and to pursuing academic excellence that is defined and measurable.
- We desire to cultivate thinking, articulate students who are able to accumulate facts, reason to sound conclusions, and persuasively convey those conclusions.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Association of Classical and Christian Schools (ACCS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia / Language-based or Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||148 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Number of AP Courses||2 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average SAT score||1231|
|Average ACT score||27|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Navy, red, or white polos, khaki pants, shorts, skirts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$10,790|
|Tuition Notes||$8,635 for 5-day Pre-K, $10,790 for K-6; $11,315 for 7-9; $12,335 for grades 10-12|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$5,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Melissa den Dulk|
|Admissions Associate||Laurie Brooks|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Swimming, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Club, House System, Junior National Honor Society, National Honor Society, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
Dance Club, Honor Choir, Junior Choir, Music Lessons, Speech Meet
- Covenant`s curriculum begins with the end in mind. The word curriculum describes much more than textbooks. It describes a journey. Deriving its meaning from the Latin "curro" or path, it's the journey we want our students to take as they pursue wisdom and virtue. Whether they pursue college or a career after graduation, we want our students to be well-equipped for a lifetime of learning.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Houston Grades: K-8 | 142 students
1 Chelsea Blvd
Houston, TX 77006
(713)523-0660 21.5 K-8
- Houston Grades: K-6 | 45 students
10555 Spring Cypress Rd
Houston, TX 77070
(281)378-4050 6.5 K-6
- Houston Grades: NS-K | 7 students
11826 Louetta Road
Houston, TX 77070
(281)370-9090 4.9 NS-K
Last year was our first at Covenant Academy and our only regret is we wish we had started there years early! Covenant Academy is a school built on academic excellence and Biblical values. Our children continue to grow every day in their academic studies and in their walk with Christ. The faculty, staff and administrators serve the campus whole-heartedly and are compassionate about their call to teach the students in a Christian environment. My kids come home better every day because of it! This school offers and promotes a family-like atmosphere with a genuine sense of community. Parental involvement is strongly encouraged and our volunteer program is thriving. We are at Covenant Academy for the long haul and can't wait to see what God has in store for this school!
- Posted by Parent - jenni
Our family has been going to Covenant for over five years now and we love our school. The teachers teach more than just academics - they train the hearts of children. The faculty and staff truly partner with us as parents to develop our children to be articulate followers of Christ. Our children are involved in several music and after school clubs and compete in the ACSI district math, speech, choir, and spelling contests. I wholeheartedly recommend visiting this school if you are looking for more than a private, Christian education for your children.
- Posted by Parent - lauri
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.