Legacy Christian Academy
5.00 (10 reviews)
Tel: (469) 633-1330
- Legacy Christian Academy is the school of choice for committed Christian families in North Texas who desire the best Christ-centered education for their children. For complete information, please visit www.legacyca.com.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Diagnosed Dyslexia / Language-based or Mild Learning Differences|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2016, 2017|
|Total Students||968 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||88 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||22 students|
|Number of AP Courses||10 courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(khaki pants & collared shirt, with the exception of chapel days)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies by grade level and is published on our admissions page.|
|Admissions Director||Celeste Cordon|
|Admissions Associate||Nicole McGlasson|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Riflery, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||16 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Educational travel, Summer Missions|
Club or Organization:
Legacy Service Organization, Medical Club, National Honor Society, Robotics Team, Student Government, Worship Team
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Program, Band Program, Choirs, Drama, Graphic Design, Marching Band, Musicals, Yearbook
- LEGACY CHRISTIAN ACADEMY Beyond College Prep.
- COLLEGE PREPARATORY ACADEMICS Six State-of-the-Art Science labs for Kindergarten - 12th grade totaling over 6000 square feet., National Merit finalists, AP and dual-enrollment college courses, 2016 and 2017 National Blue Ribbon School, 100% of graduates are accepted to colleges, universities, music conservatories, and service academies across the country.
- FIRST-RATE ATHLETICS Nine varsity athletic teams, nine junior high athletic teams, competed in 13 state championships in 15 years, turf football field, track, lighted baseball and softball fields, newly expanded weight room, 2 gymnasiums, many athletes go on to compete collegiately.
- AWARD-WINNING ART PROGRAMS Current back-to-back Marching Band State Champions, TPSMEA & TMEA All-State band & choir students, annual drama and musical productions, 3 AP art programs, Distinguished Fine Arts Diploma awarded to students participating all four years of Upper School.
- TECHNOLOGY INTEGRATION Upper School 1:1 laptop program, 2 computer labs, Upper School Digital Lab with "one-touch" video recording studio and 3D printers, 5 portable laptop carts, 4 iPad carts, 6 iPads in every Lower School and Early Ed classroom.
- SUMMARY Legacy Christian Academy`s philosophy is about Being Christ-centered without apology, Promoting academic excellence without excuse, Loving our students without exception. . . . But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory, both now and to the day of eternity. Amen." 2 Peter 3:18
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Legacy Christian Academy has been the biggest blessing to our family. We immediately felt part of the LCA community. Everyone is so welcoming! The academics are challenging for our children. The staff and teachers have the biggest servant hearts and genuinely love our children. LCA is a true blessing!
- Posted by Parent - Britney C
We absolutely love LCA! Our kids are challenged while keeping a focus on the well rounded educational experience keeping Christ first. They live by their promise to know and love our children. The LCA community has been just as valuable for our family unit as it has been for our kids individually. We joined when our girls were in 2nd and 6th grade. My only regret is not moving to Legacy sooner!
- Posted by Parent - LCA Parent
Legacy Christian Academy has truly been a blessing to our family! We made the tough decision to switch our son from public to private school 3 years ago and haven't looked back! The teachers genuinely love their students and it shows. Our son is excelling academically and continues to impress us with his knowledge of the Bible. We highly recommend LCA!
- Posted by Parent - Dee D.
Legacy is an amazing school! My kids have attended this school for the past 7 years and I couldn't be more proud of our decision! I was looking for a school that implemented a rigorous curriculum where teachers taught with different learning styles in mind. This school has both! Students are able to think critically when applying concepts and are provided with opportunities of real-world experiences. There is a strong partnership between teachers, administrators and parents who work together for the best interest of the student. It's not just words on a paper, they truly care about your children. One of my favorite pieces of LCA is that the teachers work together in lower and middle school to ensure there aren't any gaps in the curriculum from grade to the next ensuring that our students are prepared for the next grade level. My kids love it at Legacy! Every summer during the month of July, my daughter mentions that she misses school! That is a blessing! I love that my children are in an untiring Christian environment! As a parent, I can't think of anything that is better!!
- Posted by Parent - Kiera T.
LCA has been a blessing to our family. My children are being prepared academically, socially and most importantly- spiritually for the world. Each of my 3 children has found their place in extracurricular activities and the size of the school allows them to easily participate while still having many options. The teachers and staff go above and beyond to help the students succeed and the community is so welcoming. We are so happy to a part of the Legacy Christian Academy family.
- Posted by Parent - CE
We have always felt like family at LCA. Our daughter is deeply loved and cared for by the faculty and staff. We LOVE our teachers and they love her. We are excited about the vast amount of opportunities she will have. She will be able to participate in all the same activities and athletics at LCA, that are available in the large public schools; however, she will perform them all under the umbrella of God. She will be performing for her True King, while advancing her Christian values, servant leadership and biblical guidance every day. Academically, she is excelling at LCA. The educators of LCA will adapt to each student needs to ensure their success.
- Posted by Parent - Jennifer Rush
LCA from day 1 was home! The teachers, faculty and families create an atmosphere that is unmatched! We have 2 kids currently enrolled and cannot wait for our last one to be an Eagle! If you are in the Plano, Frisco, McKinney or Denton area and want an academic institution that is truly faith based, you will find this as your home as well!
- Posted by Parent - John Alcala
We have been at LCA for six years and the school has well exceeded our expectations. My children have been challenged academically and have grown so much in their spiritual walk. The teachers and staff are truly what make the difference at LCA. Knowing that my children are loved on and cared about is such a wonderful blessing. LCA has truly become family to us.
- Posted by Parent - steph
Legacy Christian Academy has surpassed our expectations over the last few years both academically and spiritually. The Transitional Kindergarten class has been just amazing for my son, where he has already learned far more in the past few weeks, than in his past years in other preschools. The elementary school has also been very challenging and a wonderful place to grow our Christian faith as a family.
- Posted by Parent - athom
The academics and Biblical foundation of LCA are what sets the school apart above others. Teachers, administrators and coaches not only prepare the students for higher level learning at top universities, but also support them in their faith walk in and out of each classroom. We have been at LCA since 1999 and could not be happier with our choice for our (now) college student, as well as our two remaining children who are still students at Legacy.
- Posted by Parent - tgayl
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.