Gospel Light Baptist Academy
- We are dedicated to helping parents obey God's command to bring up their children "in the nurture and admonition of the Lord." At the heart of our philosophy is our mission statement: "Gospel Light Baptist Academy exists to assist parents in teaching their children to honor Jesus Christ in the pursuit of spiritual, academic, physical, and social excellence." Christian - Bible based - advanced curriculum - small classes - highly qualified teachers - dedicated leadership - new facilities - musical opportunities - positive and loving environment.
Gospel Light Baptist Academy places among the top 20% of private schools in Alabama for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-10|
|Total Students||56 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Gary Bohman|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
Choir, Clarinet Lessons, Fine Arts Competitions, Piano Lessons, Private Music Lessons, Saxophone Lessons, Violin Lessons
- Our Philosophy of Education
- We believe that Christian education is a mandate from God. Failure to instruct our children in God`s Word would be disobedience to the will of God. The education of children is a God-given responsibility given to parents. It is the goal of this church to support and assist parents in this vital task through this church school.
- Gospel Light Baptist Academy has been founded upon a biblical philosophy of life and learning. Throughout the academy, we teach that Jesus Christ is the source and the center of life, truth, knowledge, and wisdom. "In Him [Christ] are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge." (Colossians 2:3).
- We recognize the Bible to be the foundational textbook for this school. The only valid view of life and the world is a Christian, Bible-based worldview. No subject that is taught in GLBA will be based on the philosophy of secular humanism or evolution. Prayer, Bible teaching, and patriotism, including the Pledge of Allegiance, is an everyday experience without restraint or apology.
- The school will teach children that they have been created in the image of God for His holy purpose. They will be taught that this same God who created all things has demonstrated His eternal love for them by sending His only begotten Son, the Lord Jesus Christ, to this earth, and that He died for their sins, and that He arose the third day, assuring that all those who believe this truth in their hearts and accept His gift of salvation will inherit eternal life.
- The students will be taught that they are to obey and respect their parents and their teachers. It is our purpose to teach children to discern between right and wrong according to God`s Word. We desire that they would develop and grow as Jesus did. "And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man." (Luke 2:52).
- Christian education should be a conviction, not just an alternative to public education. We are not a reform school for wayward children, and we are not simply a private school, but a Christian school with a Biblical philosophy. Our desire is to teach young people to seek God`s calling for their lives.
- Our desire is to help conform your child into the image of Christ while providing an excellent academic and social environment. We have highly qualified, caring Christian teachers. Our class sizes are small, providing for more individual instruction time. I am confident GLBA is the place where your children will find all that they need to become the Christian leaders God intends them to be.
Profile last updated:
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Alabaster Grades: K-12 | 380 students
423 Thompson Rd
Alabaster, AL 35007
(205)216-0149 1.8 K-12
- Alabaster Grades: 7-11 | 55 students
117 Plaza Circle
Alabaster, AL 35007
(205)664-1600 2.2 7-11
- Pelham Grades: K | 44 students
330 Canyon Park Dr
Pelham, AL 35124
(205)620-1616 2.4 K
- Helena Grades: PK-K | 113 students
501 Riverwoods Ct
Helena, AL 35080
(205)685-1905 2.6 PK-K
- Alabaster Grades: PK-K | 112 students
209 Cloverdale Dr
Alabaster, AL 35007
(205)663-2422 3.3 PK-K
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.