Grace Lutheran School
5.00 (4 reviews)
- Grace Lutheran School in River Forest, Illinois, provides a high-quality Christian education to children in preschool through eighth grade.
- Our school prepares children for a life of Christian discipleship by helping them to grow in faith, knowledge and character.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Evangelical Lutheran Education Association (ELEA)|
Other special emphasis association(s)
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Other Lutheran|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||215 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||19 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Jenn Beasley|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
Band, Choir, Handbell Choir, Music, Musicals, Orchestra
- Education at Grace Lutheran School is a shared effort between teachers, students, parents and the Grace Church congregation. We seek to educate the whole student--mind, body and spirit--and to develop in students a lifelong love of learning. We strive to provide an intellectually challenging environment that is responsive to the needs of all students. We believe that learning occurs in the classroom and beyond--on the playground and playing field, in worship, in song and in service. These are our goals for Grace School students:
- Faith Formation. Students will develop a relationship with God that leads to ongoing spiritual growth and active involvement in the Christian community.
- Academic Excellence. Students will master a challenging and enriching curriculum that meets or exceeds established learning standards.
- Character Development: Students will develop the moral integrity and sense of responsibility that guide a life of service to God and that seek justice in God's creation.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- River Forest Grades: PK-8 | 339 students
519 Ashland Ave
River Forest, IL 60305
(708)366-8587 1 PK-8
- River Forest Grades: PK-8 | 283 students
1515 Lathrop Ave
River Forest, IL 60305
(708)771-5905 0.5 PK-8
- Chicago Grades: PK-8 | 36 students
2725 N Laramie Ave
Chicago, IL 60639
(773)637-2250 3.4 PK-8
- Oak Park Grades: PK-8 | 424 students
601 Van Buren St
Oak Park, IL 60304
(708)386-7282 2.1 PK-8
I love that Grace Lutheran is really a "christian" school. They have a diverse student body w/ families from many different denominations and backgrounds, as well as socio economic backgrounds. This school has such a great focus on the fine arts, especially for a small school! My kids have experienced things they would never have the opportunity to in public school, even in River Forest. They've gone to the Lyric, worked with clay & printmaking, and studied Shakespeare! The school also has a focus on service. There is ALWAYS some service project going on and so the kids are able to develop a consistent level of compassion throughout the years. This is such a well rounded school!
- Posted by Parent - Creative Mamma
Grace offers a loving and nurturing school environment for it's students. From faith formation and character development to Christian teaching and challenging academics, we really couldn't ask for a better school for our kids. The extracurriculars are outstanding, as well, with music offerings, no-cut sports and after school enrichment programs. But probably what we enjoy the most is the family-like community that is Grace.
- Posted by Parent - Esther
Grace River Forest has been an amazing school for my 3 children. We have found that the school is very collaborative and parents, students, teachers, and other staff work towards maximizing the student experience. There is a focus on hard work, character, and faith development and all staff is there to make sure no one slips through the cracks. The teachers love what they do and bring energy, compassion, and excellence to the classroom. I am blessed to have found this wonderful school for my children.
- Posted by Parent - Marni Beals
Grace school is a welcoming and inclusive place, where my children thrive as learners, friends, and members of their school community.
- Posted by Parent - Joanna
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.