Grace Lutheran School
- Grace Lutheran School in River Forest, Illinois, provides a high-quality Christian education to children in preschool through eighth grade.
- Our school prepares children for a life of Christian discipleship by helping them to grow in faith, knowledge and character.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Evangelical Lutheran Education Association (ELEA)|
Other special emphasis association(s)
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Other Lutheran|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||232 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- Education at Grace Lutheran School is a shared effort between teachers, students, parents and the Grace Church congregation. We seek to educate the whole student--mind, body and spirit--and to develop in students a lifelong love of learning. We strive to provide an intellectually challenging environment that is responsive to the needs of all students. We believe that learning occurs in the classroom and beyond--on the playground and playing field, in worship, in song and in service. These are our goals for Grace School students:
- Faith Formation. Students will develop a relationship with God that leads to ongoing spiritual growth and active involvement in the Christian community.
- Academic Excellence. Students will master a challenging and enriching curriculum that meets or exceeds established learning standards.
- Character Development: Students will develop the moral integrity and sense of responsibility that guide a life of service to God and that seek justice in God's creation.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Oak ParkGrades: 2-8 | 25 students
410 Washington Blvd
Oak Park, IL 60302
- ChicagoGrades: PK-8 | 37 students
3919 N Monticello Ave
Chicago, IL 60618
- HomewoodGrades: K-8 | 211 students
17949 Dixie Hwy
Homewood, IL 60430
- Oak ParkGrades: PK-8 | 460 students
601 Van Buren St
Oak Park, IL 60304
- River ForestGrades: NS-8 | 281 students
1515 Lathrop Ave
River Forest, IL 60305
September 05, 2017
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
September 05, 2017
Never lose sight of why you are planning to send your child to private school. This list of ten considerations will help you focus on the things which matter.
September 04, 2017
Use this hub to keep track of the steps in the private schools' admission process.