Grace Preparatory School
5.00 (1 review)
Every Tuesday morning our elementary students meet in the sanctuary for the pledge of allegiance, bible story and prayer. It's a great way to start the week!
Every year our secondary students (6th-12th grade) attend a three day retreat at Watermarks Camp in Scottsville, VA. The students attend worship and bible study sessions as well as team building exercises and free time that includes gaga ball, canoeing and paintball. The retreat helps build their relationship with the Lord and with their classmates.
- Grace Preparatory School is a unique private Christian school that utilizes a university-type schedule and a teacher-parent integrated instructional approach to produce a high level of academic achievement while enabling strong ties between parents and their children.
- The school is a concrete example of an educational model called University-Model Schooling (UMS) in which two proven elements of educational success, the professional classroom instruction of a teacher and the caring at-home mentoring of a parent, are combined into a single, unified, college-simulated program.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||95 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||28 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Average SAT score||1250|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Khaki bottoms and shirts with logos)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Different rates for elementary / secondary Full and part-time options available.|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Cross Country, Soccer,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Elementary Tuesday Afternoon Clubs, Secondary Aikido Non-Violent Marital Arts Club, Secondary Automotive Club, Secondary Politics Club, Secondary Yearbook Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Cooking & Photography Club, Secondary Craft
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Elementary Junior Warrior Sports Program
- GPS is a fully accredited, K4-12 school that offers families a Christian, college-preparatory education in a warm, community environment that blends the best of public and private education through the cutting edge University Model Schooling (UMS).
- University-type Schedule - UMS caters to a wide variety of student needs by allowing a range of enrollment opportunities. A student may choose to take only one or two classes, or may opt to take a full academic load. Much like courses listed in a college catalog, each course description contains information about the course, prerequisites, and parental involvement for that class. Tuition is paid per course, per semester.
- Teacher-Parent Integrated Instruction - Though off-campus parental roles are clearly defined and required in the model, UMS should not be equated with home schooling or home schooling cooperatives.
- Homeschoolers Welcome - Although GPS (Grace Preparatory School) cannot issue diplomas to students who are primarily schooled at home, GPS does work as a great resource for homeschoolers because they may take courses to supplement their homeschooling efforts.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Stafford Grades: PK-8 | 84 students
2726 Jefferson Davis Highway
Stafford, VA 22554
(540)659-1810 1.9 PK-8
- Fredericksburg Grades: NS-12
10800 Academy Drive
Fredericksburg, VA 22408
(540)898-0020 12.9 NS-12
- Woodbridge Grades: NS-8 | 245 students
3480 Commission Court
Woodbridge, VA 22192
(703)491-1444 18.7 NS-8
- Fredericksburg Grades: PK-8 | 553 students
250 Stafford Lakes Pkwy
Fredericksburg, VA 22406
(540)286-1600 7.6 PK-8
- Woodbridge Grades: PK-8 | 517 students
13750 Marys Way
Woodbridge, VA 22191
(703)491-4447 17.7 PK-8
The university model is amazing and Grace Prep implements it particularly well. Small class size and committed, caring educators. First class education at a reasonable price.
- Posted by Parent - Mjwol
July 16, 2018
As you’ve been doing your boarding school research, you’ve likely seen ISEE/SSAT score submission requirements for your target schools, and understand how important scores are to the admissions process. Unfortunately, tremendous candidates can get bypassed because they were not able to demonstrate what they knew on test day.
July 13, 2018
Schools for the artistically gifted child are in short supply.
June 26, 2018
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.