Grace Preparatory School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (540) 657-4500
Grace Preparatory School Photo #3 - Every Tuesday morning our elementary students meet in the sanctuary for the pledge of allegiance, bible story and prayer. It's a great way to start the week!
Grace Preparatory School Photo #6 - Every year our secondary students (6th-12th grade) attend a three day retreat at Watermarks Camp in Scottsville, VA. The students attend worship and bible study sessions as well as team building exercises and free time that includes gaga ball, canoeing and paintball. The retreat helps build their relationship with the Lord and with their classmates.
Grace Preparatory School is a unique private Christian school that utilizes a university-type schedule and a teacher-parent integrated instructional approach to produce a high level of academic achievement while enabling strong ties between parents and their children.
The school is a concrete example of an educational model called University-Model Schooling (UMS) in which two proven elements of educational success, the professional classroom instruction of a teacher and the caring at-home mentoring of a parent, are combined into a single, unified, college-simulated program.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||93 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Average SAT score||1250|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Khaki bottoms and shirts with logos)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Different rates for elementary / secondary Full and part-time options available.|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Cross Country, Soccer,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Elementary Tuesday Afternoon Clubs, Secondary Aikido Non-Violent Marital Arts Club, Secondary Automotive Club, Secondary Politics Club, Secondary Yearbook Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Cooking & Photography Club, Secondary Craft
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Elementary Junior Warrior Sports Program
- GPS is a fully accredited, K4-12 school that offers families a Christian, college-preparatory education in a warm, community environment that blends the best of public and private education through the cutting edge University Model Schooling (UMS).
- University-type Schedule - UMS caters to a wide variety of student needs by allowing a range of enrollment opportunities. A student may choose to take only one or two classes, or may opt to take a full academic load. Much like courses listed in a college catalog, each course description contains information about the course, prerequisites, and parental involvement for that class. Tuition is paid per course, per semester.
- Teacher-Parent Integrated Instruction - Though off-campus parental roles are clearly defined and required in the model, UMS should not be equated with home schooling or home schooling cooperatives.
- Homeschoolers Welcome - Although GPS (Grace Preparatory School) cannot issue diplomas to students who are primarily schooled at home, GPS does work as a great resource for homeschoolers because they may take courses to supplement their homeschooling efforts.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Stafford Grades: PK-8 | 84 students
2726 Jefferson Davis Highway
Stafford, VA 22554
(540) 659-1810 1.9 PK-8
- Stafford Grades: PK-8 | 208 students
3130 Jefferson Davis Hwy
Stafford, VA 22554
(540) 659-5207 3.2 PK-8
- Fredericksburg Grades: PK-8 | 522 students
250 Stafford Lakes Pkwy
Fredericksburg, VA 22406
(540) 286-1600 7.6 PK-8
The university model is amazing and Grace Prep implements it particularly well. Small class size and committed, caring educators. First class education at a reasonable price.
- Posted by Parent - Mjwol
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Each state sets its own teacher certification requirements. While many private schools do not require you to be certified, it is in your best interests to obtain certification. This article includes contact information for state education offices so you can begin the process.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.