Greater New York Academy
- The mission of Greater New York Academy is to provide a Seventh-day Adventist Christian educational environment within the context, philosophy and teachings of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
- In this setting young people from the New York metropolitan area and its environs can achieve their highest potential.
- Our purpose is to offer a holistic secondary educational program that will prepare our students to render service to family, community, and God.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||General Conference of the Seventh Day Adventist Church (GCSDAC)|
|Religious Affiliation||Seventh Day Adventist|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||211 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Advanced Courses||Bology, English Literature,|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- SunnysideGrades: PK-8 | 473 students
4330 48th st apt F1
Sunnyside, NY 11104
- MaspethGrades: 6-12 | 299 students
60-02 Maspeth Avenue
Maspeth, NY 11378
- Mount VernonGrades: 9-12 | 825 students
2121 Crescent St
Mount Vernon, NY 10552
- Jackson HeightsGrades: PK-10 | 575 students
81-10 35th Avenue
Jackson Heights, NY 11372
- WoodsideGrades: K-9 | 88 students
7225 Woodside Ave
Woodside, NY 11377
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.
September 29, 2017
Here are a dozen or so girls' schools' public thoughts about themselves and their missions.