Greater New York Academy
- The mission of Greater New York Academy is to provide a Seventh-day Adventist Christian educational environment within the context, philosophy and teachings of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
- In this setting young people from the New York metropolitan area and its environs can achieve their highest potential.
- Our purpose is to offer a holistic secondary educational program that will prepare our students to render service to family, community, and God.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||General Conference of the Seventh Day Adventist Church (GCSDAC)|
|Religious Affiliation||African Methodist Episcopal|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||123 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Advanced Courses||Bology, English Literature|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Sunnyside Grades: PK-8 | 503 students
4330 48th st apt F1
Sunnyside, NY 11104
(718)429-1982 1 PK-8
- Mount Vernon Grades: 9-12 | 587 students
2121 Crescent St
Mount Vernon, NY 10552
(718)721-7200 3.2 9-12
- Woodside Grades: PK-8 | 77 students
7225 Woodside Ave
Woodside, NY 11377
(718)426-5729 1.4 PK-8
- Woodside Grades: PK-4 | 23 students
6923 47th Ave
Woodside, NY 11377
(718)478-4073 1.3 PK-4
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.