Growing Light Montessori School
- The Montessori Family School was established in 1981 to provide a licensed and comprehensive Montessori program for East Bay families.
- Our mission is to create a relevant Montessori curriculum that provides students with a solid basis for coping with the academic and social challenges they will encounter in the future.
- MFS is an authentic Montessori school that nurtures the individual learning style of each student while maintaining standards of academic excellence.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten|
|Total Students||18 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Berkeley Grades: PK-K | 119 students
499 Spruce Street
Berkeley, CA 94708
(510)527-9021 1 PK-K
- El Cerrito Grades: K-8 | 474 students
960 Avis Drive/2060 Tapscott Ave.
El Cerrito, CA 94530
(510)236-5800 1.3 K-8
- Albany Grades: 6-12 | 363 students
1231 Solano Ave
Albany, CA 94706
(510)525-5506 1.7 6-12
- Richmond Grades: NS-PK | 60 students
1711 Carlson Blvd.
Richmond, CA 94804
(510)526-7847 1.8 NS-PK
- El Cerrito Grades: K-8 | 218 students
11156 San Pablo Ave
El Cerrito, CA 94530
(510)234-2244 1.8 K-8
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.