Our preschool and elementary school give children a deep understanding and respect for the world they live in, through a fully integrated, experiential approach to teaching.
The child`s entire experience is guided by a rich and comprehensive curriculum.
- Grades: Prekindergarten-5
- Average class size: 12 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Summer School Offered
Summer Program Details
Student Body Type
Academics and Faculty
Average Class Size
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- The elementary school focuses on the beauty of humanity and all that we share in common and celebrates the heritages and cultures of each community. While building a strong academic foundation in each child, we are creating a microcosm of the global society we envision for a peaceful future.
- As of September 1st, 2018, Golestan is an International Baccalaureate* (IB) candidate school for the Primary Years Program (PYP). This school is pursuing authorization as an IB World School in 2021. IB World Schools share a common philosophy a commitment to high-quality, challenging, international education.
- The school curriculum integrates research-based best practices in the classroom (both indoors and outdoors) such as Common Core and NCSS Science Standards, with a hands-on, experiential pedagogy. Our elementary school is the place where students nurture their love of learning, their humanity, and their innate sense of justice. It is a school where every child is a changemaker who is empowered to create positive change by being resourceful, kind, innovative, conscious, creative, and engaged. It is a school where the individual child and the collective community of children are equally valued.
- This idyllic space, with complex chemistry in cooking class, abstract math in the maker`s lab, and hands-on messy science, feels more like a beautiful home than an institution. It is a place that smells like baked bread, tastes like fresh greens, and sounds like the United Nations.
Profile last updated: 02/09/2021
Endorse Golestan School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Understanding Private School Tuition
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
Books About Private School
What's private school really like? Find out from people who have been there.
You Won't Find....
You won't find several things in private schools which you will find in public schools.