Harvest Christian Academy
- Harvest Christian Academy was founded by Dr. Wilford McCormick in 1977.
- "Preacher" saw a need to "Train up the Next Generation", not only academically but spiritually, teaching them how to live for Christ in an environment that is shielded from the world's influence.
- We teach them that, as Christians, we are to live in the world but not be of the world.
- HCA is a participating member of the Florida Association of Christian Colleges and Schools and we are recognized by the state of Florida as a college preparatory school.
- We have a qualified staff with over 60 years of combined teaching experience.
- Our classrooms are designed to allow each student to receive one on one attention as needed.
- Our goal is to teach each student to be goal oriented; we do this by having each student set daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly goals which helps them fulfill the ultimate goal of graduation.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-12|
|Total Students||36 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Jacksonville Grades: NS-5 | 89 students
3718 Salisbury Road
Jacksonville, FL 32216
(904)733-5797 4.8 NS-5
- Jacksonville Grades: PK-5 | 52 students
1216 Lasalle St
Jacksonville, FL 32207
(904)398-3830 4.5 PK-5
- Jacksonville Grades: 2-8 | 72 students
3044 S. San Pablo Road
Jacksonville, FL 32224
(904)223-3391 9.2 2-8
- Jacksonville Grades: 6-12 | 871 students
4455 Atlantic Blvd
Jacksonville, FL 32207
(904)396-5751 2.4 6-12
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.