Hcc Children's Learning Center
Tel: (240) 500-2322
- Hcc Children's Learning Center is dedicated to serving the needs of young children by providing a high quality early childhood program within a safe, nurturing environment.
- The program supports the child care needs of Hcc students, faculty and staff and provides a learning laboratory for college students interested in working with young children.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
Other special emphasis association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||63 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,400|
|Tuition Notes||discounts for Hagerstown Community College students and low-income families|
- The Children's Learning Center offers full day and part day schedules, two to five days per week for children ages two through five years. The Center is open year round and a summer program for school-age children is included. Meals are provided using the USDA Child Care Food Program guidelines. We offer a preschool program using the Creative Curriculum (Teaching Strategies), linked to State curriculum content standards. Our Center recently received the highest rating of 5 checkmarks in the new Maryland quality rating system, EXCELS. We are also accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hagerstown Grades: NS-K | 2 students
879 Commonwealth Avenue
Hagerstown, MD 21740
(301) 797-5122 2.4 NS-K
- Hagerstown Grades: NS-PK | 333 students
14629 Citicorp Drive
Hagerstown, MD 21742
(301) 665-9400 6.8 NS-PK
- Hagerstown Grades: PK-K | 28 students
141 S Potomac St
Hagerstown, MD 21740
(301) 739-6886 3 PK-K
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.