Headsup! Child Development Center
- A HeadsUp! Child Development Center offers parents the security of knowing that their children are receiving the finest care and development guidance available.
- It combines an innovative approach to early learning with traditional values and the joy of discovery.
- The preschool program is a modified Montessori curriculum incorporating art, music, and imaginative play into the traditional emphasis on practical life, sensorial, language, mathematics, science, and cultural activities.
- The HeadsUp! program recognizes the astonishing capabilities of very young children and offers games and activities that encourage the development of fundamental thinking skills.
- These skills are the source of physical, social, emotional, and intellectual development.
- The HeadsUp! program encourages children to become conscious of and take pride in their emerging competence.
- By becoming aware of the skills he or she has, a young child is better able to use them.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||35 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teacher|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||35:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Jose Grades: PK-K | 48 students
495 Massar Ave
San Jose, CA 95116
(408)259-5736 6 PK-K
- Milpitas Grades: K | 10 students
1331 E Calaveras Blvd
Milpitas, CA 95035
(408)945-1331 3.6 K
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.