Highland Preparatory School
- Highland Preparatory School was established as a private school program in 1987.
- In 1992, HPS filed for non-profit status and became incorporated.
- Highland is a member of Christian Home Educators Association of California and Home School Legal Defense Association.
- As Christian believers, we accept the Bible as the inspired Word of God.
- Our philosophy of education must then come from the principals found in God's Word.
- We understand education to be defined as the teaching and training of our children on all levels: spiritual, intellectual, emotional, and physical.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Other special emphasis association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||all|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||29 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||2:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||3 students|
|Number of AP Courses||10 courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is paid on a monthly basis with discounts given for full payment received by September 30.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Joy Unger|
|Admissions Associate||Tracie Soriano|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Arroyo Grande Grades: K | 68 students
207 Pilgrim Way
Arroyo Grande, CA 93420
(805)474-1074 0.9 K
- Santa Maria Grades: PK-7 | 10 students
109 W Fesler St
Santa Maria, CA 93458
(805)614-9292 14.2 PK-7
- Santa Maria Grades: PK-12 | 477 students
2970 Santa Maria Way
Santa Maria, CA 93455
(805)937-6317 17.1 PK-12
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.