Highland Preparatory School
- Highland Preparatory School was established as a private school program in 1987.
- In 1992, HPS filed for non-profit status and became incorporated.
- Highland is a member of Christian Home Educators Association of California and Home School Legal Defense Association.
- As Christian believers, we accept the Bible as the inspired Word of God.
- Our philosophy of education must then come from the principals found in God's Word.
- We understand education to be defined as the teaching and training of our children on all levels: spiritual, intellectual, emotional, and physical.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Other special emphasis association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||all|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||29 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||2:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||3 students|
|Number of AP Courses||10 courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is paid on a monthly basis with discounts given for full payment received by September 30.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Joy Unger|
|Admissions Associate||Kristin Murdock|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Arroyo Grande Grades: K | 68 students
207 Pilgrim Way
Arroyo Grande, CA 93420
(805)474-1074 0.9 K
- Santa Maria Grades: 4-11 | 6 students
109 W Fesler St
Santa Maria, CA 93458
(805)614-9292 14.2 4-11
- Santa Maria Grades: PK-12 | 477 students
2970 Santa Maria Way
Santa Maria, CA 93455
(805)937-6317 17.1 PK-12
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.