Highland Preparatory School
- Highland Preparatory School was established as a private school program in 1987.
- In 1992, HPS filed for non-profit status and became incorporated.
- Highland is a member of Christian Home Educators Association of California and Home School Legal Defense Association.
- As Christian believers, we accept the Bible as the inspired Word of God.
- Our philosophy of education must then come from the principals found in God's Word.
- We understand education to be defined as the teaching and training of our children on all levels: spiritual, intellectual, emotional, and physical.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Other special emphasis association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||all|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||29 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||2:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||3 students|
|Number of AP Courses||10 courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is paid on a monthly basis with discounts given for full payment received by September 30.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Joy Unger|
|Admissions Associate||Kristin Murdock|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Arroyo Grande Grades: K | 68 students
207 Pilgrim Way
Arroyo Grande, CA 93420
(805)474-1074 0.9 K
- Santa Maria Grades: 4-11 | 6 students
109 W Fesler St
Santa Maria, CA 93458
(805)614-9292 14.2 4-11
- Santa Maria Grades: PK-12 | 477 students
2970 Santa Maria Way
Santa Maria, CA 93455
(805)937-6317 17.1 PK-12
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.