The teachers and staff at the DeKalb KinderCare are passionate about educating and nurturing children.
Our teachers have an average tenure of ten years in Early Childhood Education.
Our center has five staff members with fifteen plus years with KinderCare.
Our teachers hold degrees ranging from Childhood Development Associate's Credentials to Bachelor's Degrees in Early Childhood Education and Elementary Education.
The DeKalb KinderCare team strives for excellence through continuing education from bi-annual trainings to seeking additional college courses or seminars in the educational field.
Our center has an open door policy and we strongly encourage open communication daily through informal meetings, notes to our families and parent-teacher conferences throughout the year.
The true key to our teachers' success is their passion for teaching and a love for learning.
- School Type: Early Childhood / Day Care
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Student Body Type
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- Welcome to the Dekalb KinderCare. I would like to thank you for
your interest in this center. I hope to be able to answer all of
your questions and address any concerns you may have. I realize
this is one of the most important decisions you will
make concerning your child's care and development. The Dekalb
KinderCare serves the Dekalb School District #428, NIU, and
Kishwaukee College faculty and students, as well as the surrounding
areas of Dekalb, Sycamore, Malta, Cortland and Genoa.
We provide safe, nurturing, fun and educational environment. We enroll children between the ages of six weeks to 12 years. Our preschool and Prekindergarten program provides a strong educational foundation, which will prepare your child for success in school. Each classroom and activity is designed to help your child learn, grow and succeed for the future. At the Dekalb KinderCare, we want to build an education environment in a family friendly setting. Your child's desire to return everyday is very important to us.
- The health and safety of each child is our number one priority at the DeKalb center. Your mind will be put at ease in our care with our health and safety procedures. Some of the key procedures we provide are: Keypad entry where only parents or guardians have access to the center, fenced outdoor play area for the children, center identification system, staff members are First Aid and CPR certified, a Health and Safety Coordinator on site, and an Illinois Health Nurse that visits and observes monthly. Every staff member is finger printed along with a state and national background clearance check. DeKalb KinderCare is also overseen by many state and local agencies such as DeKalb Fire, Police and Illinois State Health Department and DCFS of Illinois.
- Hours Of Operation: 6:30 AM to 6:00 PM, M-F
- Languages Spoken: Spanish
- Enrollment: Min Age - 6 Weeks, Max Age - 12 Year-Olds
- IDHS CCCC(Low Income) and Foster Care
- Infant Programs (6 Weeks – 1 Year), Toddler Programs (1 – 2 Years), Discovery Preschool Programs (2 – 3 Years), Preschool Programs (3 – 4 Years), Prekindergarten Programs (4 – 5 Years), Before and After School Programs (5–12 Years), Summer Programs (preschool, prekindergarten, and school-age)
Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the application deadline for Hillcrest Drive KinderCare?
The application deadline for Hillcrest Drive KinderCare is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Hillcrest Drive KinderCare. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Making Social Media Work for Your School
An introduction to using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to promote your school.
SEO for Private Schools - Part 3: Using Social Media
Social media for private K-12 schools is a bit different from social media for businesses. Some tips and strategies here.
The Pros and Cons of Teaching Overseas
Hundreds of private schools, and for that matter, public schools, outside the United States will be happy to have you as a teacher for a few years.