Hillcrest Drive KinderCare
Tel: (815) 758-1541
- The teachers and staff at the DeKalb KinderCare are passionate about educating and nurturing children.
- Our teachers have an average tenure of ten years in Early Childhood Education.
- Our center has five staff members with fifteen plus years with KinderCare.
- Our teachers hold degrees ranging from Childhood Development Associate's Credentials to Bachelor's Degrees in Early Childhood Education and Elementary Education.
- The DeKalb KinderCare team strives for excellence through continuing education from bi-annual trainings to seeking additional college courses or seminars in the educational field.
- Our center has an open door policy and we strongly encourage open communication daily through informal meetings, notes to our families and parent-teacher conferences throughout the year.
- The true key to our teachers' success is their passion for teaching and a love for learning.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- Welcome to the Dekalb KinderCare. I would like to thank you for
your interest in this center. I hope to be able to answer all of
your questions and address any concerns you may have. I realize
this is one of the most important decisions you will
make concerning your child's care and development. The Dekalb
KinderCare serves the Dekalb School District #428, NIU, and
Kishwaukee College faculty and students, as well as the surrounding
areas of Dekalb, Sycamore, Malta, Cortland and Genoa.
We provide safe, nurturing, fun and educational environment. We enroll children between the ages of six weeks to 12 years. Our preschool and Prekindergarten program provides a strong educational foundation, which will prepare your child for success in school. Each classroom and activity is designed to help your child learn, grow and succeed for the future. At the Dekalb KinderCare, we want to build an education environment in a family friendly setting. Your child's desire to return everyday is very important to us.
- The health and safety of each child is our number one priority at the DeKalb center. Your mind will be put at ease in our care with our health and safety procedures. Some of the key procedures we provide are: Keypad entry where only parents or guardians have access to the center, fenced outdoor play area for the children, center identification system, staff members are First Aid and CPR certified, a Health and Safety Coordinator on site, and an Illinois Health Nurse that visits and observes monthly. Every staff member is finger printed along with a state and national background clearance check. DeKalb KinderCare is also overseen by many state and local agencies such as DeKalb Fire, Police and Illinois State Health Department and DCFS of Illinois.
- Hours Of Operation: 6:30 AM to 6:00 PM, M-F
- Languages Spoken: Spanish
- IDHS CCCC(Low Income) and Foster Care
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Dekalb Grades: NS-8 | 216 students
210 Gurler Rd
Dekalb, IL 60115
(815) 756-7905 3.5 NS-8
- Sycamore Grades: PK-8 | 180 students
222 Waterman St
Sycamore, IL 60178
(815) 895-5215 4.2 PK-8
- Sycamore Grades: PK-8
355 N. Cross St.
Sycamore, IL 60178 4.6 PK-8
- Sycamore Grades: PK-12 | 310 students
355 N Cross St
Sycamore, IL 60178
(815) 895-8522 4.6 PK-12
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.