5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (252) 826-4116
- Hobgood Academy is committed to excellence - academically, physically, socially, and spiritually.
- Hobgood Academy is committed to academic excellence by helping each student achieve his or her potential in a supportive and challenging atmosphere.
- Our school also provides opportunities for students to build character that values sound judgement, praiseworthy behavior, responsible actions, and respect for their fellow man.
- Each student should be able to lead a productive life that is economically stable, moral, and happy.
- Establishing a spirit of community among faculty, staff, and parents is essential to the achievement of this mission.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Southern Association of Independent Schools|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||92 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||6 students|
|Average SAT score||1200|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,650|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Julie B. Rawls|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Softball, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Beta Club, Community Service Club, Raiders For Christ, SGA
Arts and Music Programs:
This school is great! The teachers are awesome! At this school I feel safe
- Posted by Student/Alumni - lacha
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.