Holy Cross Catholic
- Holy Cross Catholic School provides a quality Catholic education for students in grades preschool-eight reaching out to a broad Christian community seeking a more personalized culture for meeting each, individual child's learning needs.
- We welcome three- and four-year-olds to our preschool programs.
- Programs vary to meet the needs of the individual child using blended learning technology and individual "student learning plans" build on each child's "learner profile" developed by the teacher in collaboration with the child and the parents.
- Before and after school care for preschoolers is available if sufficient interest justified offering it financially..
- Holy Cross also offers an all-day, five-day kindergarten program.
- At Holy Cross Catholic School, we offer an education that meets the needs of the WHOLE child.
- We lay a strong foundation in our faith, and build upon that foundation using quality academic programs welcoming Christ-focused students of other faiths.
- We also offer various extra curricular activities for students to develop their sense of team work and relationship building. Our 3D printing competitions creating non-fossil fuel transportation creations, our First Robotics, our Children's Church Choir, our Boys and Girls Scouting, our sports programs and Christian service programs are supported by parents and other parishioners in our community.
- Holy Cross Catholic School follows the standards set forth by the State of Michigan Department of Education, as well as those suggested by the Archdiocese of Detroit. Each student uses a google sheets platform to track mastery of each of the national, state, and archdiocese learning expectations.
- The teachers also monitor curricula by creating curriculum maps. Teachers use Google Classroom and the menu of apps that complement Classroom to share curriculum progress with students and with parents in an on-going communication.
- Our curriculum focuses on both the academic and faith formation of our students. The core beliefs of the Catholic Church drive the consistency of a Faith-Based education while also fostering the development of individual conscience and ecumenical outreach to diversity.
- Holy Cross Catholic School believes in the educational mission of the Church and the Archdiocese of Detroit as defined by the Catholic Bishops "to impart Christ's message, to build community and to serve as we are called.".
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
National Association for the Education of Young Children
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Speech, Occupational Therapy, and an Academic Success Interventionist trained to work with dyslexia, mindset paradigms, and other learning disabilities or social adjustment characteristics.|
|Total Students||85 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Navy or khaki pants/shorts/ and white or blue collared shirts. Navy or plaid jumpers/skirts/skorts for girls.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$3,950|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition assistance is available.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Carl b. Wagner, Ed.D. Principal|
|Admissions Associate||Ms. Kari Steinmetz|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
Holy Cross Catholic School provides
- quality academic programs
- Catholic education for students in grades preschool-eight
- three- and four-year-olds welcome in preschool
- needs of the individual child addressed
- five-day full day kindergarten program.
- education for the WHOLE child in a personalized learning culture
- a strong foundation in Catholic faith welcoming to other Christ-focused Christians.
- extra curricular activities
Holy Cross Catholic School believes in the educational mission of the Church and the Archdiocese of Detroit as defined by the Catholic Bishops "to impart Christ's message, to build community and to serve as we are called."
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Port Huron Grades: NS-8 | 134 students
1429 Ballentine Street
Port Huron, MI 48060
(810) 982-7906 18.1 NS-8
- Saint Clair Grades: PK-5 | 87 students
800 Orchard St
Saint Clair, MI 48079
(810) 329-4150 7.9 PK-5
- Morgantown Grades: NS-12 | 318 students
200 Trinity Way
Morgantown, WV 26505
(304) 291-4659 252.2 NS-12
We are extremely happy with Holy Cross Catholic school. As the parent of a sixth grade student we appreciate the low student:teacher ratio, the individualized academic plan for mathematics and the academic rigor of the curriculum. I am confident my student will be prepared academically, emotionally and spiritually for high school, college and a productive life. Thank you administrators and staff of Holy Cross!
- Posted by Parent - Nicho
Holy Cross is a warm, personalized school that truly cares about each student. They have many extras to offer families but the best thing they offer is a warm, caring learning environment.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - mjpav