- Holy Family School is a fully accredited school with the State of Indiana, and was recognized in 2000-2001 as a Blue Ribbon School of Excellence, one of only 29 Catholic schools nationwide honored that year.
- Holy Family was awarded a second U.S. Department of Education Blue Ribbon award under the No Child Left Behind program in 2005.
- We are only the second elementary school in the state of Indiana to receive this award twice at this time.
- In 2004, Holy Family School was accepted into the North Central Association, a national accrediting organization that serves the Midwest.
- Holy Family School is also one of few schools to be named a Millennium Community by the State of Indiana in 2000.
- We are members of the National Catholic Education Association and the Indiana Non-public Education Association.
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2005|
|Total Students||401 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 20%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||19 students|
|Number of AP Courses||2 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Algebra I and Spanish I|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(navy/khaki and HF polo shirts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jul. 31 / rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Flag Football, Football, Golf, Soccer, Swimming, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,
Cross Country, Flag Football,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
New AlbanyGrades: PK-12 | 820 students
1000 Academy Drive
New Albany, IN 47150
SellersburgGrades: PK-12 | 181 students
11515 Highway 31
Sellersburg, IN 47172
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?
July 11, 2017
Suggestions for the small school's IT infrastructure and services.