Holy Family School
- Holy Family School is a fully accredited school with the State of Indiana, and was recognized in 2000-2001 as a Blue Ribbon School of Excellence, one of only 29 Catholic schools nationwide honored that year.
- Holy Family was awarded a second U.S. Department of Education Blue Ribbon award under the No Child Left Behind program in 2005.
- In 2004, Holy Family School was accepted into the North Central Association, a national accrediting organization that serves the Midwest.
- Holy Family School is also one of few schools to be named a Millennium Community by the State of Indiana in 2000.
- We are members of the National Catholic Education Association and the Indiana Non-public Education Association.
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2005|
|Total Students||363 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 17%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||19 students|
|Number of AP Courses||2 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Algebra I and Spanish I|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(navy/khaki and HF polo shirts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jul. 31 / rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Flag Football, Football, Golf, Soccer, Swimming, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Cross Country, Flag Football,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New Albany Grades: K-12 | 709 students
1000 Academy Drive
New Albany, IN 47150
(812)944-6200 1.3 K-12
- Sellersburg Grades: PK-12 | 181 students
11515 Highway 31
Sellersburg, IN 47172
(812)246-9271 9.9 PK-12
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.