Holy Family Catholic School and Preschool serves approximately 250 students from preschool through 8th grade. Located in New Albany, IN we are part of the Archdiocese of Indianapolis. Our vision is to develop inquiring minds, caring hearts, and lives devoted to Christ.
Holy Family School is a fully accredited, Grade A school with the State of Indiana.
ILEARN scores during the 2018-2019 school year were on average 18.4% higher than the top-performing NAFCS middle school.
We have a licensed school counselor on staff who works with students during classroom guidance lessons, small group counseling, and individual counseling.
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Enrollment: 249 students
- Average class size: 19 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2005
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 24%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Navy/khaki pants and HF polo shirts
Navy/khaki pants and HF polo shirts
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
% on Financial Aid
Total Sports Offered
- Holy Family School is a fully accredited school with the State of Indiana, and was recognized in 2000-2001 as a Blue Ribbon School of Excellence, one of only 29 Catholic schools nationwide honored that year.
- Holy Family was awarded a second U.S. Department of Education Blue Ribbon award under the No Child Left Behind program in 2005.
- In 2004, Holy Family School was accepted into the North Central Association, a national accrediting organization that serves the Midwest.
- Holy Family School is also one of few schools to be named a Millennium Community by the State of Indiana in 2000.
- We are members of the National Catholic Education Association and the Indiana Non-public Education Association.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
What schools are Holy Family School often compared to?
Holy Family Schoolis often viewed alongside schools like Christian Academy Of Indiana by visitors of our site.
What sports does Holy Family School offer?
Holy Family School offers 13 interscholastic sports: Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Flag Football, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball and Wrestling. Holy Family School is ranked as one of the top 20% of private schools in Indiana for most sports offered.
When is the application deadline for Holy Family School?
The application deadline for Holy Family School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
We absolutely love our Holy Family family! Our daughter has felt so safe, comfortable, and loved by all the teachers and staff at Holy Family. The families are humble and the school is welcoming to all types of families and economic statuses. The school has wonderful financial aid to help families in need.
Endorse Holy Family School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Exploring Educational Savings Accounts: A Guide for Parents
This comprehensive article explores the different educational savings accounts available to parents for private K-12 education and tertiary education. It provides detailed explanations of each account, including the 529 College Savings Plan, Coverdell Education Savings Accounts, and Custodial Accounts. The article cites applicable legal authorities and emphasizes the importance of informed decision-making by consulting with legal and financial professionals.
Children With Learning Differences: How To Proceed
Facing the reality that your child has learning differences is never easy. But with a diagnosis from a qualified professional, and skilled experienced teachers who know how to remediate those differences, your child can learn to handle her differences. More here.
October 30, 2023Volunteering at Your Children's Private School
Discover the many meaningful ways parents can get involved at their children's private school and make a positive impact on the educational journey. From PTA involvement to sharing specialized skills, find out how your contributions can strengthen the school community.