Hope Lutheran School
As a part of our spiritual growth, we apply a Christian approach to all that we do. At Hope Lutheran School, we are empowering and equipping students and their families to share Christ.
- At Hope Lutheran School your child will enjoy a Christian education in a caring atmosphere.
- Here your child will be nurtured spiritually and academically, equipped to be a responsible, effective Christian for life.
- 'Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it' Proverbs 22:6.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Lutheran Schools Accreditation|
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||188 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Khaki pants and polos)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,463|
|Tuition Notes||2014-2015 First Funds Program for new Kindergarten & First Grade Families, Subsidized Tuition, Member and Non-Member Rates, Discounts for Multiple Children|
National avg.: 85%
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
4H Club, Math Club, Melodrama, Robotics - First Lego League, Scouts Programs
Arts and Music Programs:
- Educating the Whole Child!
- Spiritual Growth: 1st Priority - To share the love of Christ / Christian approach to all we do / Daily devotions and religion classes / Weekly chapel services / Christmas Programs / Empowering and equipping students and their families to share Christ
- Academic Growth: Christ-centered education / Committed eo excellence / Fully accredited / Kansas Standard of Excellence / Classroom aides / Full-time, licensed teachers - average 12 years experience / Computer lab with high-speed filtered internet / Class size limited to 25 students / All day Kindergarten (optional) / 2 and 3 day Preschool
- Physical Growth: Interscholastic athletics / Sports start in 4th grade / Full-size gymnasium / Boys and girls locker rooms
- Spiritual Growth: Safe environment / On-site before and after school child care facilities / Afternoon kindergarten enrichment / Co-curricular activities
- Artistic Growth: Art / Band / Choir / Melodrama / Spanish
- Community Growth: Harvesters Community Food Network of Kansas City / Stony Point - KCK School helping children with special needs / Operation Christmas Child / Weekly chapel offering for missions / Sing at nursing homes
- Parental Growth: Parent-Teacher Leauge (PTL) / Annual Benefit Auction / Booster Club / Volunteer-run Hot Lunch Program / Scouts Programs / Moms In Touch International / All Pro Dad's Day / Moms of Preschoolers (MOPS)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- ShawneeGrades: PK-12 | 471 students
6826 Lackman Road
Shawnee, KS 66217
- MissionGrades: NS-8 | 324 students
5130 Mission Rd
Mission, KS 66205
- MissionGrades: PK-12 | 88 students
4901 Mission Road
Mission, KS 66205
January 19, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 19, 2018
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.
January 18, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.