At Shawnee KinderCare, we believe education is important for the children we serve and the education level of the teachering staff reflects that belief.
A majority of our staff have continued their education beyond high school including five with a Bachelor's degree or higher.
With tuition assistance from Knowledge Universe, some teachers have begun their college career while others are working on their Master’s degrees.
By making educational experiences memorable and modeling our passion for learning, we strive to instill that same love of learning in the children we teach.
- School Type: Early Childhood / Day Care
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Student Body Type
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- Welcome to Shawnee KinderCare in Shawnee, Kansas! Thank you for visiting our web page to learn more about us. My teaching staff and I are excited you chose us as a potential school for your children. We would love the opportunity to visit with you about our school and the programs and services we can offer your family. Our schedule and services are very flexible and are designed to meet each family’s specific educational needs.the details about how we can best serve you. In addition, I would love to arrange a tour for you so that you can see first hand the quality education your child will receive and the awesome experiences they will have in our classrooms. educationally challenging experience for your child while in our care.
- At Shawnee KinderCare your child's safety is of utmost importance to us. We believe children should be free to learn and grow in a safe and nurturing environment. From the moment you approach our door to the end of the day, we work to ensure the safety of your children while in our care. Our exterior security features include secure entry which requires the use of a key pad code. Our play area is fenced with separate fenced area for younger children. Our entry features covered, lighted parking directly in front of the entrance. All staff members hold certification in CPR, First Aid, Signs and Symptoms of Childhood Illness, Safe Sleep and Child Abuse Awareness and Prevention and are subject to state and federal background checks prior to start of employment. The center undergoes yearly licensure and compliance visits from local fire department officials and KDHE.
- Hours Of Operation: 6:30 AM to 6:30 PM, M-F
- Languages Spoken: Spanish
- Enrollment: Min Age - 6 Weeks, Max Age - 12 Year-Olds
- Infant Programs (6 Weeks – 1 Year), Toddler Programs (1 – 2 Years), Discovery Preschool Programs (2 – 3 Years), Preschool Programs (3 – 4 Years), Prekindergarten Programs (4 – 5 Years), Before and After School Programs (5–12 Years), Summer Programs (preschool, prekindergarten, and school-age)
Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the application deadline for Shawnee KinderCare?
The application deadline for Shawnee KinderCare is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Shawnee KinderCare. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Making Social Media Work for Your School
An introduction to using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to promote your school.
SEO for Private Schools - Part 3: Using Social Media
Social media for private K-12 schools is a bit different from social media for businesses. Some tips and strategies here.
The Pros and Cons of Teaching Overseas
Hundreds of private schools, and for that matter, public schools, outside the United States will be happy to have you as a teacher for a few years.