The Horizon School is licensed by the Washington State Department of Early Learning and the Washington State Board of Education. All of its policies and procedures reflect best practices and are in compliance with State licensing standards. Horizon School is committed to creating a learning environment where teachers are passionate about teaching and excited to come to work each and every day. Our children's minds are challenged and knowledge is celebrated. The children feel safe, important, respected and happy. They are prepared to be confident, caring leaders and world citizens.
- School Type: Early Childhood / Day Care
- Grades: Prekindergarten-Kindergarten
- Students: 45 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 28%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Horizon School is a non-profit school for preschool to first grade; located in the Richmond Beach community of Shoreline. Parents choose Horizon School for five reasons:
- Thematic Curriculum: Each day, children rotate with their teacher and classmates through different classrooms for instruction in math, sciences, language arts, gross motor, creative play, computers, fine arts and world cultures - all linked to a theme (e.g., dinosaurs and prehistoric mammals).
- Class size: Our teacher-student ratio for preschool is 1 to 10 and 1 to 15 in kindergarten and first grade.
- Flexibiity: We offer full-time and part-time schedules, half day or full day, and before and after school care for Horizon students and neighboring elementary schools.
- Family Atmosphere: Staff and teachers know all students. We collaborate with parents to provide individualized attention. Our goal is to make sure every child feels valued and respected.
- Unique Learning Experiences: Parents and children participate in many field trips, assemblies, and parent programs. Field trips offer real-life, community-based experiences related to topics students are studying. Parent programs teach children speaking and performance skills and increase their confidence. We promote acceptance and understanding of diversity and celebrate world cultures.
Endorse Horizon School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Books Set In Private Schools
Enjoy a range of subject matter from recollections to murder mysteries, all set in private schools here at home and abroad.
Keep Ransomware Out of Your School
Small organizations like private schools are just as vulnerable to ransomware attacks as large organizations are. Here's how to deal with ransomware in your school.
Endow A Teaching Position
Endowing a teaching position accomplishes many things for the private school that gave you the foundation for your adult life.