Illinois Center For Autism
- The Illinois Center for Autism is a not-for-profit, community-based, mental health treatment, and educational agency dedicated to serving people with autism.
- Referrals are made through local school districts, hospitals, the Department of Human Services, and doctors.
- The primary goal of the Center is to prevent the unnecessary institutionalization of people with autism and to help people with autism achieve their highest level of independence within their home, school and community.
- The Illinois Center for Autism was established in the fall of 1977 to provide a Children's Special Day School Program.
- At that time, it was serving eight children with autism.
- In January 1978, the Illinois Center for Autism was incorporated as a not-for-profit corporation.
- The ICA's mission was to prevent the unnecessary institutionalization of children with autism.
- ICA received accreditation in 1992 from the North Central Association. To this day, ICA has maintained this accreditation.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Private Special Education Centers|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||113 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Arlington Heights Grades: K-12 | 93 students
2525 E Oakton St
Arlington Heights, IL 60005
(847)803-1550 261.1 K-12
- Belleville Grades: PK-12 | 64 students
1306 Wabash Ave
Belleville, IL 62220
(618)234-6876 5.8 PK-12
- Blue Island Grades: Inquire with school | 12 students
1962 Broadway St
Blue Island, IL 60406
(708)389-8137 245 Inquire with school
- Chicago Grades: Inquire with school | 56 students
1912 W 103rd St
Chicago, IL 60643
(773)881-1005 248.4 Inquire with school
- Chicago Grades: 3-12 | 9 students
1850 W Roosevelt Rd
Chicago, IL 60608
(312)666-1331 257.9 3-12
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.