Incarnate Word Academy
Tel: (956) 546-4486
- Incarnate Word Academy, a 3K to 8th grade Catholic School, exists to provide an environment for learning in which God is the highest value.
- Our faculty is dedicated to providing each student with a Catholic educational experience that encourages academic excellence, develops the whole person, fosters a life-long love of learning and promotes an awareness of needs of the community.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||190 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||3K to 5th grade: $4250.00 6thh to 8th grade: $4,950.00 ESL : $4,700.00 Registration fee: $ 130.00 Books & Fees : $ 375.00|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,000|
|Admissions Director||Sister Irma Gonzalez|
|Admissions Associate||Sister Marilyn Springs, (Elem)|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Dance, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Softball, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||12 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Bears, Boy Scouts, Brownies, Chess Club, Daisies, Girl Scouts, Nation Elementary Honor Society, National Junior Honor Society, Student Council, Tigers, Webelos, Wolfs
- Incarnate Word Academy is dedicated to providing a safe and family centered environment for learning that integrates academic excellence and faith formation. IWA is fully accredited by Texas Catholic Conference Education Department and Southern Association of Schools and Colleges. Our faculty uses state of the art technology in providing an education of the whole person. Each classroom is equipped with a SmartBoard and the technology curriculum uses both iPad and Windows platforms for extended learning experience.
- Incarnte Word Academy is proud of its diverse student body. It has the only intensive English as a Second Language program provided by the non-public school sector.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Brownsville Grades: PK-3 | 65 students
36 S Coria St
Brownsville, TX 78520
(956) 548-1952 0.3 PK-3
- Brownsville Grades: PK-12 | 275 students
1600 Boca Chica Blvd
Brownsville, TX 78520
(956) 542-4854 0.7 PK-12
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.