Island Pacific Academy
5.00 (3 reviews)
- ISLAND PACIFIC ACADEMY is an independent, co-educational, college-preparatory school located in Kapolei, Hawaii.
- IPA serves students in Grades K-12, and provides outstanding academic and extra-curricular experiences built on a foundation of core values such as kindness, generosity of spirit, and the importance of curiosity and creativity.
- IPA is an International Baccalaureate (IB) World School authorized to offer the Diploma Programme (DP) for Grades 11-12.
- Founded in 2004, IPA is fully accredited by the Hawaii Association of Independent Schools (HAIS) and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
Hawaii Association of Independent Schools (HAIS)
International Baccalaureate (IB) World School
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||508 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 74%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||50 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||22 students|
|Number of AP Courses||3 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP English Language & Composition, AP Physics 1, AP Physics 2, IB Diploma Programme|
|Average SAT score||1180|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Uniform: Khaki pants, shorts, skirts, navy or white polo shirts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$15,400|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies by grade level.|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Eileen Novak|
|Admissions Associate||Aja Woodman|
|Total Sports Offered||14 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cross Country, Diving, Football, Golf, Riflery, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Bowling, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||26 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Animal Club, Book & Movie Club, Ceramics Club, Chess Club, Dance Club, Dungeons and Dragons Club, Finance Club, Global Issues Network, Horticulture Club, Hui Hoʻomau, Interact Club, International Thespian Society, Japanese National Honor Society, League of Legends, LGBT Club, Literary Club, Math League, Media Club, Mu Alpha Theta, National Arts Honor Society, National Honor Society, Navigator Records, Navigator Robotics, Sociedad Honoraria Hispánica, Student Athlete Council
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Ultimate Frisbee Club
- ISLAND PACIFIC ACADEMY is an independent, non-profit, college-prep, K-12, IB World School located in Kapolei, Hawaii. IPA`s program is based on its mission to provide an environment where students come first, values matter, and community counts. Kindness, generosity of spirit, and the importance of curiosity and creativity are core values practiced by students and faculty in a campus culture that lives up to the school motto, "Where Values Matter." Founded in 2004, IPA is fully accredited by the Hawaii Association of Independent Schools (HAIS) and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Honolulu Grades: K-12 | 3751 students
1601 Punahou Street
Honolulu, HI 96822
(808)944-5711 16.1 K-12
- Ewa Beach Grades: 7-12 | 144 students
91-1219 Renton Rd
Ewa Beach, HI 96706
(808)681-3146 2.7 7-12
- Honolulu Grades: PK-12 | 1556 students
2445 Ka'ala Street
Honolulu, HI 96822
(808)973-5005 17.1 PK-12
The teachers and staff at this school work so hard and the students are amazing; however the administration at all levels have turned this school from a loving, caring, place to work and learn to a hostile environment. Sadly the parents don't have their eyes open to how badly the teachers are treated so they will be blindsided when they figure out how many amazing teachers are leaving the school. Over 20 highly qualified educators that love the students at ipa are leaving because the administration has created a hostile environment for them to work. The students will suffer, programs will suffer, all because the egos of the people on the administration team. For the students I hope they find qualified replacements for the teachers that have left or are leaving but if I were a parent, especially of a 6-12 student I would be worried!
- Posted by Teacher - Hoop3
I have one graduate and one still at IPA. My oldest got a great education and got into a highly competitive mainland school. Both always tested high on national standardized tests as did all of their classmates. The school has a wide variety of programs,sports,and extracurricular's. IPA provides a very safe well structured environment. Go check it out for yourself no better place on the leeward side!
- Posted by Parent - leewa
We have two children at IPA currently. We have been there for 4 years so far and we continue to be amazed and grateful for how awesome, loving, and committed the teachers and staff are to the children. The teachers have amazing talents, unexpected drive, and true love for what they do and for each child. Between my two children, we have experienced 7 different teachers over the years and we have not ONE issue or complaint in any of the classrooms. We continue to be surprised and how consistent and passionate each and every teacher is on a daily and yearly basis. This school and staff is awesome and we will not send our children anywhere else. IPA is a hidden GEM that we are so lucky to have stumbled upon with a flyer for a open house in our mail years ago. Highly recommended!
- Posted by Parent - cameo
Every private school parent is encouraged to help the school in whatever way he can. Here are some things you can do to make a contribution to your school.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.