- Island Pacific Academy is an independent, non-profit, college preparatory, Junior Kindergarten - Grade 12 school located in Kapolei, the fastest growing region of Oahu.
- Founded in 2004, IPA is fully accredited by the Hawaii Association of Independent Schools (HAIS) and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
- IPA is an International Baccalaureate (IB) Continuum School, offering the Primary Years Programme (PYP) to students in Kindergarten through Grade 5; the Middle Years Programme (MYP) to students in Grades 6-10; and the Diploma Programme to high school students Grades 11-12.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
Hawaii Association of Independent Schools (HAIS)
International Baccalaureate (IB) World School
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||479 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 62%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||51 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||22 students|
|Number of AP Courses||2 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||IB Diploma Programme|
|Average SAT score||1180|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(Uniform: Khaki pants, shorts, skirts, navy or white polo shirts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 8 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$14,000|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies by grade level.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$4,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Molly Ripton|
|Admissions Associate||Eileen Novak|
|Total Sports Offered||16 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Cross Country, Diving, Football, Golf, Riflery, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,
Cross Country, Diving,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||25 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Amnesty International, Asian-Pacific Club, Blood Drive Club, Club Ultimate Disc, E-Sports Club, Film Club, Green Team, International Thespian Society, Japanese National Honor Society, Math League, Model United Nations, Mu Alpha Theta, National Arts Honor Society, National Honor Society, Navigator Records, Navigator Robotics, Not Even Once Club, Ping Pong Club, Red Cross Club, Rotary Interact, Science Club, Sociedad Honoraria Hispánica, Support Our Troops, Writers Block, Writing Group E-Sports Club, Film Club, Green Team, Math League, Mu Alpha Theta, Ping Pong Club, Red Cross Club, Science Club, Writers Block, Writing Group, Amnesty International,
Blood Drive Club,
Club Ultimate Disc,
International Thespian Society,
Japanese National Honor Society,
Model United Nations,
National Arts Honor Society,
National Honor Society,
Not Even Once Club,
Sociedad Honoraria Hispánica,
Support Our Troops,
- Island Pacific Academy is an independent, non-profit, college preparatory, Kindergarten - Grade 12 school located in Kapolei, the fastest growing region of Oahu. Founded in 2004, IPA is fully accredited by the Hawaii Association of Independent Schools (HAIS) and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). IPA is an International Baccalaureate (IB) Continuum School, offering the Primary Years Programme (PYP) to students in Junior Kindergarten through Grade 5; the Middle Years Programme (MYP) to students in Grades 6-10; and the Diploma Programme to high school students Grades 11-12.
- Building on a foundation of core values such as kindness, generosity of spirit and the importance of curiosity and creativity, IPA provides students outstanding academic and extra-curricular experiences which promote intellectual, physical and social growth, preparing young people for the challenges of post-secondary education and life in the 21st century. IPA nurtures students, tending to individual needs for optimal growth through close relationships between students and adults. IPA graduates, in colleges and universities across the country, manifest the IPA mission to develop in students essential capacities for productive and healthy lives.
Profile last updated: 12/14/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
HonoluluGrades: K-12 | 3751 students
1601 Punahou Street
Honolulu, HI 96822
KapoleiGrades: K-12 | 111 students
Po Box 75357
Kapolei, HI 96707
HonoluluGrades: PK-12 | 1552 students
2445 Ka'ala Street
Honolulu, HI 96822
HonoluluGrades: K-12 | 226 students
1438 Pensacola Street
Honolulu, HI 96822
HonoluluGrades: K-12 | 1887 students
563 Kamoku St
Honolulu, HI 96826
The teachers and staff at this school work so hard and the students are amazing; however the administration at all levels have turned this school from a loving, caring, place to work and learn to a hostile environment. Sadly the parents don't have their eyes open to how badly the teachers are treated so they will be blindsided when they figure out how many amazing teachers are leaving the school. Over 20 highly qualified educators that love the students at ipa are leaving because the administration has created a hostile environment for them to work. The students will suffer, programs will suffer, all because the egos of the people on the administration team. For the students I hope they find qualified replacements for the teachers that have left or are leaving but if I were a parent, especially of a 6-12 student I would be worried!
- Posted by Teacher - Hoop3
I have one graduate and one still at IPA. My oldest got a great education and got into a highly competitive mainland school. Both always tested high on national standardized tests as did all of their classmates. The school has a wide variety of programs,sports,and extracurricular's. IPA provides a very safe well structured environment. Go check it out for yourself no better place on the leeward side!
- Posted by Parent - leewa
We have two children at IPA currently. We have been there for 4 years so far and we continue to be amazed and grateful for how awesome, loving, and committed the teachers and staff are to the children. The teachers have amazing talents, unexpected drive, and true love for what they do and for each child. Between my two children, we have experienced 7 different teachers over the years and we have not ONE issue or complaint in any of the classrooms. We continue to be surprised and how consistent and passionate each and every teacher is on a daily and yearly basis. This school and staff is awesome and we will not send our children anywhere else. IPA is a hidden GEM that we are so lucky to have stumbled upon with a flyer for a open house in our mail years ago. Highly recommended!
- Posted by Parent - cameo
May 24, 2017
The admissions essay is an important part of your child's admissions profile. Noodle Pros essay expert Kate Fishes offers some valuable tips about writing the admissions essay.
May 15, 2017
Many famous children have attended private schools. Here is a sampling of schools and the famous folk who graced their hallowed halls.
May 11, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.