Jean Garvin School
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-11|
|Total Students||31 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 8%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||6 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- Within a structured and flexible environment, we offer acceptance of individuality while providing academic differentiation and the promotion of healthy relationships. Garvin nourishes a safe and respectful educational environment in which students are supported to develop mastery, generosity, belonging and independence. Garvin strives for continuous evolution through reflective professional development, while honoring the creativity within each of us.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Williston Grades: 5-8 | 20 students
195 Central School Drive
Williston, VT 05495
(802)878-2762 2.3 5-8
- Essex Junction Grades: 5-12 | 27 students
1 Corporate Dr
Essex Junction, VT 05452
(802)373-1620 5.1 5-12
- South Burlington Grades: 7-12 | 40 students
1025 Airport Dr
South Burlington, VT 05403
(802)488-7711 2.5 7-12
A long summer break offers plenty of time for a wide range of activities for every age group. Here are some of the options available.
Educating a gifted child can be daunting as there is no clear roadmap for your child's education. Some thoughts and suggestions here.
Signs that your school might be failing don't suddenly appear all at once like a flashing neon sign. Instead, they appear gradually over weeks, months, and years. We explore the warning signs and offer some suggestions to mitigate them.