Jewish Community Day School of Rhode Island
5.00 (3 reviews)
Jewish Community Day School of Rhode Island Photo #2 - At the Jewish Community Day School of RI, we give our students structure and guidance while offering them the freedom to experiment and take risks.
- The Jewish Community Day School of RI is a joyful and inclusive elementary school serving children from Pre-K through fifth grade. Our progressive approach to education nurtures creativity and imagination while helping students acquire the knowledge and skills needed for success in middle school and beyond.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
State or regional independent school association
Association of Independent Schools in New England (AISNE)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Students with learning differences are supported.|
|Total Students||77 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||11 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 15 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$20,550|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies according to grade level/days attended (there are multiple options for Pre-K).|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$10,000|
|Admissions Director||Naomi Stein|
- As citizens of the community and the world, our students plan and participate in activities that support their peers, their neighborhood, and their planet. Our many school celebrations and activities further enhance our vibrant and caring community.
- Our dual curriculum allows for integration between General Studies and Judaic Studies, helping students to make connections and deepen their understanding of all subjects. Our students graduate with fluency in a second language, a strong sense of identity, and strong academic skills that enable them to be successful at any secondary school they choose.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Providence Grades: NS-12 | 753 students
250 Lloyd Ave
Providence, RI 02906
(401)831-7350 0.7 NS-12
- Providence Grades: 5-8 | 64 students
525 Branch Ave
Providence, RI 02904
(401)467-9777 1.5 5-8
- Barrington Grades: PK-K | 83 students
303 Sowams Rd
Barrington, RI 02806
(401)245-4754 8 PK-K
My 2 children and our family have loved being a part of JCDSRI. Our children are learning how to be leaders and thoughtful students. Academically, the teachers and specialists make sure our children's needs are met so they can thrive as learners. You will not find a more loving school community.
- Posted by Parent - Meredith S.
Next year, I will have three children at JCDSRI (pre-K, 1 and 4) and we couldn't be happier! We have watched an excellent school push the envelope even further under its new Head of School, Adam Tilove, who has really leveraged the creative and academic communities in Providence to enhance the education and better the city. It's one of those things that you have to see to believe!
- Posted by Parent - dse
My kids have been both challenged academically as well as nurtured emotionally at JCDSRI. Additionally, our interfaith family has always felt included and at home here. Genuinely feel thankful we chose this school for our kids.
- Posted by Parent - kmros
Nearby Homes for Sale
What curricula do private schools follow? Who accredits private schools? What kind of standards prevail? More here.
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.
Seemingly never-ending school shootings prompted me to find out whether private schools were safer than public schools. Some answers and opinions on the matter here.