The Groden Center
- The Groden Center Day and Residential Programs enhance the lives of children and youth with autism, behavioral disorders, and developmental disabilities, and their families.
- We foster greater independence and inclusion through provision of intensive learning and living environments where our students can achieve a balance across all life skills.
- The Center is dedicated to understanding the developmental needs of its children and youth, investigating the most effective educational and treatment strategies, and contributing this information to the related fields.
- The Groden Center Day and Residential Programs provide a broad range of individualized services in the most normal and least restrictive settings possible.
- Instruction is provided in functional skill development, communication, emotional and social development, physical and recreational skills, domestic responsibilities, community awareness, adaptive living skill and vocational education.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||82 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Coventry Grades: PK-12 | 65 students
75 Centre Of New England Blvd
Coventry, RI 02816
(401)615-2775 15.1 PK-12
- Lincoln Grades: 3-11 | 19 students
365 River Rd
Lincoln, RI 02865
(401)781-4380 5.1 3-11
July 16, 2018
As you’ve been doing your boarding school research, you’ve likely seen ISEE/SSAT score submission requirements for your target schools, and understand how important scores are to the admissions process. Unfortunately, tremendous candidates can get bypassed because they were not able to demonstrate what they knew on test day.
July 13, 2018
Schools for the artistically gifted child are in short supply.
June 26, 2018
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.