The Groden Center
- The Groden Center Day and Residential Programs enhance the lives of children and youth with autism, behavioral disorders, and developmental disabilities, and their families.
- We foster greater independence and inclusion through provision of intensive learning and living environments where our students can achieve a balance across all life skills.
- The Center is dedicated to understanding the developmental needs of its children and youth, investigating the most effective educational and treatment strategies, and contributing this information to the related fields.
- The Groden Center Day and Residential Programs provide a broad range of individualized services in the most normal and least restrictive settings possible.
- Instruction is provided in functional skill development, communication, emotional and social development, physical and recreational skills, domestic responsibilities, community awareness, adaptive living skill and vocational education.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||82 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Providence Grades: PK-12 | 70 students
520 Hope St
Providence, RI 02906
(401)276-4531 0 PK-12
- Coventry Grades: PK-12 | 65 students
75 Centre Of New England Blvd
Coventry, RI 02816
(401)615-2775 15.1 PK-12
- Lincoln Grades: 3-11 | 19 students
365 River Rd
Lincoln, RI 02865
(401)781-4380 5.1 3-11
- Riverside Grades: K-12 | 281 students
1011 Veterans Memorial Pkwy
Riverside, RI 02915
(401)432-1169 3.8 K-12
- Rumford Grades: K-8 | 65 students
215 Ferris Avenue
Rumford, RI 02916
(401)432-9940 2.7 K-8
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.