Mount Pleasant Academy
- Mount Pleasant Academy (MPA), established in 2001, his one of the state's premiere day treatment facility for children with emotional, behavioral, and/or psychiatric needs.
- Licensed by the state for special and regular elementary education, it provides educational and mental health services for children pre-K to 8th grade from anywhere in Rhode Island and neighboring states.
- We also provide services for children with learning disabilities, although that is usually not the primary reason for referral to MPA. MPA has become an effective alternative to inpatient hospitalization for many of its students.
- MPA is a year-round facility and accepts referralsfrom school departments and from parents.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Learning Disabilities, Behavioral/emotional/psychiatric difficulties, autism (level 1 or 2),|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||30 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||2:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||6 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||JR Brusini|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Providence Grades: NS-12 | 183 students
1000 Eddy Street
Providence, RI 02905
(401)533-9100 3.1 NS-12
- Providence Grades: PK-12 | 70 students
520 Hope St
Providence, RI 02906
(401)276-4531 2.6 PK-12
- Chepachet Grades: 6-12 | 60 students
63 Harmony Hill Rd
Chepachet, RI 02814
(401)949-0690 10.6 6-12
- Coventry Grades: PK-12 | 65 students
75 Centre Of New England Blvd
Coventry, RI 02816
(401)615-2775 13.3 PK-12
- Cranston Grades: K | 76 students
665 Dyer Ave
Cranston, RI 02920
(401)942-2388 2.7 K
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.